www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Poor Toasty

My cat was spotted sitting on the windowsill of my apartment window and now the apartment manager wants me to get rid of her :( I knew it would happen sooner or later. I remember the rental agreement specifically saying "no pets". But a part of me thought, "Well, I'm such a good tenant that maybe she'll make an exception" or "Maybe she'll overlook it." Totally wrong. So, now Toasty has to go :(

She'll be transplanted to San Diego where she'll live with my mom and sisters. I'm really bummed. I mean, I know I have a super busy schedule and don't have enough time to hang out with her, but it was nice coming home to her and sleeping with her in my arms at nite. I guess it's back to Ham, Bacon, and Bulbasaur again. Maybe one day, I'll move to an apartment where Toasty can come live with me. It's funny, I've been noticing all the "vacancy" signs around me :P

I did have the last word though. When she told me cats weren't allowed, I said, "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know. I thought they were allowed because I always see other people's cats on the 3rd floor!" hahaha I'm sure she's all paranoid now. I still don't understand the logic of no cats. If they tear up the carpet, well, that's what the security deposit is for, right? Whatever.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:27 AM , Blogger Chris said...

    I haven't posted in a while, but I thought at least someone should say, "awww. We're sorry Quyen. It's too bad Toasty (your baby kitty) has to go;" or "You go girl - you make that landlady paranoid."

    I'm shocked a posting about ways to spice up the sex life garnered far more interest and responses than one in which Q is in need of some comfort. Let's for a moment try to imagine how awful Q feels if she's actually considering searching for a new apartment. So, everyone go out and make Q proud: post away.

     
  • At 9:08 AM , Blogger Yankeebob said...

    That sucks! I love my cats. It's got to be hard to give yours up.

    Those places that have a 'no pets' policy are usually run by warped, frustrated, unloved misers. I'm glad you made her paranoid. At least Toasty will have a good place to live and you can visit regularly.

     
  • At 10:13 AM , Blogger grace said...

    awww... that sucks :( :( :( :( you should've told her you were kitty-sitting for a week or something. heh.

    the places that allow pets have another pet deposit on TOP of the security deposit, so that sucks... :(

    but, lookit you, ratting out your neighbors :P hehehe. evil, q, evil! :P

     
  • At 8:21 AM , Blogger peachy said...

    Chris-maybe you should go comfort Quyen instead of sitting somewhere typing responses on a computer to people who don't even know her.

    I'm sure Toasty will be just fine, and I'm sorry that you have to give her up after such a short time. I'd look for another apartment that accepts pets when your lease is up. I couldn't live without my dog.

     
  • At 1:47 PM , Blogger Chris said...

    Peachy - do you think just maybe Quyen was looking for comfort from more than just one person? How does the the comfort I do or do not provide serve as an excuse for others to sit back and do nothing?

    And, not that it matters now, but Q and I did talk about this that day, and I did accompany her down to San Diego when she had to give up Toasty, which was about six hours drive in one day.

     
  • At 1:47 PM , Blogger Chris said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home