www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Toasty Weekend

First of all, thanks for all of the movie recommendations everyone! I'll have to check them out over the course of the next few months :) I've been a little movie monster - watching movies at every opportunity :P Gwar!

Now for the next order of business - I had a great weekend because 1) my b/f came over and 2) I got a new kitten! :D I had a lot of firsts this weekend... first time I ever made a lasagna, first time I've ever been to Universal Citywalk, first time I've ever had sex on my white couches, first time I ever cried out in fear from feeling like I was going to die in a virtual reality simulation, first time I've adopted a pet, first time I've worn my new BCBG outfit :P Anyway, it was a really nice weekend... I got to spend a lot of quality time with my b/f before I start the new semester, and we both got to bond with the new kitty :)

The whole weekend we were trying to think of a good name for her. I wanted Kitana (a la Mortal Kombat), Rain (after her momma - SweetAsianRain :P), and Limpo (after a Kung Fu form). But one by one, the names just didn't suit her. She's not especially exotic, so she couldn't be a Kitana. She's fierce and violent, not calming and meditational like Rain. And while she is martial, Limpo is a boy's name :P Chris started calling her Toasty... and she really is kind of a Toasty... So, I guess we'll call her Toasty ;)

The worst part is Toasty totally loves Chris more than she loves me; and I'm her owner! :o She'll be laying with me watching a movie and then Chris will call her and she'll go to him! But when I try to steal her back, she just stays with him. Bastards! I'll show them next time! She's my cat, damnit! :P

10 Comments:

  • At 8:39 AM , Blogger peachy said...

    Ok..I'll be nosy. Is this b/f Chris the same one as before?

    If so, I hope things are working out this time around, and if not, you're a fast mover. hee hee.

    Cool about the cat. I adopted my dog, and she's the best.

     
  • At 8:50 AM , Blogger grace said...

    boy, i'm glad peachy was nosey because i didn't wanna be the one to ask :P

    kittens are so cute! until they get big and they have big ol' claws.... eep.

     
  • At 9:48 AM , Blogger Quyen said...

    Hahaha... Yes, this is the same Chris as before. No, I'm not THAT fast of a mover :P and yes, things are going much better this time around. :)

    It's funny. You learn a lot about relationships, love, and your role in both as you get older. I'll have to post about it for tomorrow ;)

     
  • At 9:51 AM , Blogger Quyen said...

    God damnit! The cat just scratched my bare ass as I was posting that last comment... :(

     
  • At 9:55 AM , Blogger Quyen said...

    Great, now it's bleeding...

     
  • At 12:35 PM , Blogger peachy said...

    Thanks for sharing that you talk to us while naked. Not the visual I wanted this afternoon. HA!!HA!!

     
  • At 1:07 PM , Blogger Oddgirl said...

    I like Toasty, very original. When are you going to post a picture of her? I love kittens.

    Hehehehe...a bleeding ass is a painful ass...she wants her mommy's attention and she wants it now.:)

    I'm glad to hear you are happy and well.:)

     
  • At 1:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I would like to say that I was right *bows*

    From your post on dreams:
    Summarization:
    Destruction - A fight with yourself and your environment. Detachment.
    Dreams - Desire for completion. Person who is unavailable and different.
    Denial - Actions taken out of self-interest. Position of victim.

    So this means:
    1) You are the other woman in an affair
    OR
    2) You like someone, but they don't want to be with you.
    OR
    3) You like someone, they like you, but there is some outside pressure that you feel opposes what you want.Even after you showed disdain, I clarified:
    Silly Quyen! Adam is merely a metaphor for someone who completes you, but is separated from you by what is (again metaphorically) a great distance.


    You "still" have so much to learn.

    Denim blues
    Jeannie Lands

     
  • At 2:29 PM , Blogger grace said...

    sweet... q's nekkid. :P

     
  • At 4:39 PM , Blogger Jenn & John said...

    AWWWWW...I love cats! I must visit you now!!! When is the next game night? :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home