www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy Valentine's Day! :D

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful day with the person who has captured your heart. And if you're single, indulge in a little self-love (and no I don't mean masturbation, although you may do that generously if you wish) :P

I had a great Valentine's weekend. Friday nite, Chris came over, and I made a pizza and gave him my two V-day presents: a key to my apartment and some sexy lingerie (for me, not him) ;) Then, he gave me his presents: an anthology of great poems (over 600 of them!) and a new diary (since I had been asking for one). I really enjoyed the poem anthology. Anyone who knows me well knows I am a poetry nut - and he's one of a handful of people who know me well. Chris actually tried to trick me and find out some of my favorite poems and poets by asking for my advice on which poems to use on a "very important, 8-unit classroom project" he had to design for college freshmen on poetry. I was totally tricked; I came up with this whole plan and submitted it to him. :P But since I never told him any of MY personal favorites and instead told him which I thought would be good for college freshmen, he didn't get the answers he was looking for. I guess it backfired on him hehehe But it was really thoughtful :)

Saturday, I planned this extravagant candle-lit dinner at home with me cooking steak for the first time in my life, coupled with garlic bread, broccoli, mashed potatoes, and a cherry cheesecake. I went to a butcher and bought a nice ribeye steak. Then I got all the rest of the food ready. As a finishing touch, I put on makeup, did my hair, and wore an evening gown that I've never worn before. That was the upside. The downside of the evening was that I ruined everything except for the steak and garlic bread :P Oh well... I'll do better next time :P It was still nice, even if everything wasn't "perfect". ;)

On Sunday, we went to San Diego to drop off Toasty :( We had a nice ride up and went to lunch at El Torito with my sister and her b/f. Then, we went and saw "Hitch" at the movie theatres, which was cute. Not wonderful, not great - cute. After that, we went for some Korean BBQ (mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!) and then drove home.

I was so tired this morning (we both got home late) that I slept through my first class today :( Oh well, it was definitely worth it :) Happy Valentine's Day everyone! :D

5 Comments:

  • At 1:32 PM , Blogger grace said...

    sounds like you had a nice v-day weekend :D

     
  • At 2:53 PM , Blogger Kis Lee said...

    hey Q, glad you enjoyed your valentine's weekend.

     
  • At 3:17 PM , Blogger Jer said...

    Happy V-day to you as well. I for one am glad that the "V" stands for "Valentine" and not for "vasectomy."

     
  • At 11:15 PM , Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

    Koreans BBQ?
    Who knew!
    hahaha

     
  • At 6:22 AM , Blogger peachy said...

    Sounds like fun!
    I'm telling you, Betty Crocker instant potatoes are the way to go, and you can't mess them up.

    Happy Valentine's Day.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home