www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Friday, June 11, 2004

Learnin' Miss Quyen...

That's right... I'm trying to educate my own ass about nutrition again... It's so hard to not instinctively reach for a stick of butter anymore! :P Ever since I've gotten off Atkins, I've been trying to eat right and exercise... and let me tell you, it's not easy! For the past 10 months, I've been eating like crap thanks to Atkins... and now, it's a real mental hurdle to not reach for a high-fat content snack like cheese or nuts.

I started a "food diary" today to track the stuff I'm eating - even water to track if I'm getting enough fluids in my body... and let me tell you... boy, have I been pee'ing a lot today! Whoo-weee! LOL Anyway, I'm trying to not only make healthier food choices but also trying to eat only when I'm hungry (a little less than 2 hours between 200 calorie snacks for me) It's made even harder since I was raised to eat everything off my plate and then have seconds or face dire consequences :( I'm like trained to overeat... it's kinda sad :(

Anyway, I'm going to train to have a hunger tolerance of 2 hours and 10 minutes between "snacks"... I'm starting small... while also keeping in mind that I need to eat more protein and less fat! Right now, my "diary" shows a current total of 5 cups of liquids, 76 grams of fat, 1,520 calories, 175 grams carbs, and 52 grams protein... So, I need to redistribute the carb grams to protein and watch my fat intake and keep that below my protein intake... After that, it's just a simple hour of working out... divided in 2 convenient 30 minute blocks for my DVD player ;)

2 Comments:

  • At 9:38 AM , Blogger NatBug37 said...

    It's all about the little changes. It's really hard... lol... but you know what? You can do it! :D And soon you'll be feeling better than ever.

     
  • At 11:44 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    Thanks Natalie! It is challenging, but not impossible :) I'll keep you updated on my progress ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home