www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Solid.

On Thursday nite, I woke up shivering - my teeth were clattering together, I was shaking uncontrollably, I felt unexplainably nervous and upset, and I felt like I was completely naked in the middle of a frozen wasteland. I had some sort of bad dream about teaching violin and then when I went up to teach the kid, I couldn't say anything and the parents just kept looking at me, but all I could do is shake. It was so terrible that I tried putting on additional layers of clothing, closing the window, talking myself out of it, and evem slapping myself in the face to make me stop... but it was as if I had no control at all over what was happening. I got up and made my way to the kitchen to get some water, but I couldn't even hold that in my mouth! I went to go lay on the couch to just try to relax and talk myself out of whatever I couldn't control about myself and I just threw up acid everywhere inside this shopping bag that was luckily nearby... HORRIBLE NITE :(

The next morning, I'm so sick that I can barely walk - I think I have the flu or something. I lay in bed just falling asleep and waking up to take a sip of water every 5 minutes because my dehydration is so severe. I spend the next 4 hours laying in bed resting because I feel noxious when I stand up. I call Chris at work and ask him to visit me this weekend to take care of me (even though just 12 hours earlier I told him that he shouldn't come visit me this weekend because he has lots of work to do and he should spend time with his family). My friend, Craig, comes over to bring me lunch since I can't drive anywhere, cook anything, or even get out of bed. Sleep... until Chris calls with a one hour warning. I hit the showers, get out, throw up in my hair, become hysterical and cry about it and hit the showers again... I get out feeling hopeless and depressed and also very sick :( Chris surprises me at the door as I'm "on my way out to pick him up", greeting me with a big smile, open arms, a candy in the shape of a rose, and 2 pints of Atkins ice cream... all I can do is wince in pain :(

After realizing I don't just have a minor cold, Chris becomes Super-Amazing B/F and really steps up to the plate when taking care of me :D That nite, despite him taking my covers away so I wouldn't get more sick (grrrr), he notes that I was screaming out in my sleep and shaking uncontrollably - I don't recall a thing...

Saturday and Sunday pretty much sucked for me. Even though I tried to be at my best by acting healthy and able to do normal things, I was really weak and ended up having to go home from both Jack in the Box and IHOP :( I think the worst part was I gave my sickness to Chris :(

He started getting sick on Sunday (and maybe even Saturday - if he was hiding it, I couldn't tell), but today was the worst for him. So, I knew it was my turn to return the favor - and I really wanted to (he'd taken such good care of me!) :) By the end of our time together, I've almost made a full physical recovery (except for coughing and tiredness at times). However, I think Chris tries to hide the fact that he feels awful :( I feel so bad for getting him sick :( I hope he gets better soon! If not, I'll have to make some Sloppy Steves and bring them over to him ;)

I titled this blog entry "Solid." because this weekend showed me that our relationship is solid. When I was down and out, he came to my rescue, and when he became sick, I tried hard to comfort him and make him feel better. I also named it "solid" because we spent part of the weekend reading papers together and that shows me that we can work well together. All in all, we can work as an equal partners team. However, if one person isn't able to do something, that person knows that their partner will step in and help them out with that and vice versa. It shows me that our relationship is like this - something I've always known for myself - a team that's there for each other through thick and thin. I don't believe that if I really need him, that he won't help me and I'm betting the same goes for him too. From conflict resolution to caring for the ill, that kind of commitment is what makes our relationship solid :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home