www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Monday, May 24, 2004

Weekend Forecast: Highly charged - Low key

Friday - It all begins after a study group when I'm walking home and talking to my b/f on my cell. I haven't seen him in a week and a half, and this weekend, he has a family function to attend... even though I've begged and pleaded for him to come visit, this engagement seems non-negotiable... and so, being the good g/f that I am, I say, "Family comes first and I understand that you need to attend this function because it is important to you. We can always see each other next week" Sigh... another week I'll have to endure without seeing him :( So, upon returning home, I end the call and close the door behind me. Somehow, the weekend seems a little more emotionally difficult to navigate as I tread through the mess on the floor of my apartment toward the bathroom. Now, I'm peeing, thinking about what I should do now... should I go surprise him tomorrow? That would be nice :) Yes! That's what I'll do! If he can't come see me, then I'll go see him... even if it is only going to be for a few hours... Then, ... and are you ready for this? "Cue the 20 y/o girl screaming on the toilet!" :P At once, I knew who it was... it was like my mind played a huge movie sequence reminiscent of Amelie... 'He stole up the stairwell after watching me from afar... waiting for me all day to return from my study group... It was my b/f... and when I'd open the door, he'd be there with open arms and a sweet smile on his face'... and as I ran toward the door, taking time to catch myself in the mirror to notice my ratty hair, oversized shirt, and warmup pants, I knew that the person behind that door wouldn't mind :) And as I opened the door, there he was... my b/f... to surprise me in a way that is making me smile so much right now that my eyes are welling up with tears of happiness just thinking about it... He handed me a perfect, single, long-stem rose and a packet of burrito seasoning as a joke from my latest blog post and then wrapped his arms around me and enveloped me in his love... for the longest time, I just stood at the door, hugging him and kissing him and telling him how much I love him and how surprised I was that he came to see me despite the "family function" ;) He admitted to planning the whole thing since Monday, saying that it was hard to keep the surprise going when I'd get sad that we weren't going to be together this weekend... We spent the rest of the day together laughing and playing, talking and dreaming, but most of all just being happy in the simple pleasures of being together.

Saturday - We wake up and smile, recounting the day before :) We cook breakfast together in my little apartment, filling it with the smells of food, love, and solace... and afterwards... take a siesta until 1pm when we decide to wake up and bask in contentment in knowing that the person we love most couldn't be any closer than they are right now :) We take a trip to the grocery store to gather ingredients for the burritos and meatloaf we will make later that day. When we get home, we begin watching Ranma 1/2 and Escaflowne... and while the meatloaf is in the oven and the lime jello is setting, I take the opportunity to hold him close to me and rub his shoulders while watching TV. The love making tonite is simply luminous... and that rose? The one he greeted me with upon surprising me? He doesn't know it yet, but I woke up in the middle of the nite, took the rose out of the fridge and just smelled it while thinking of him, even though he was sleeping in the next room :)

Sunday - I wake up mumbling incoherence which somehow leads to reading each other articles about aneorexia, open marriages, and advice columns in bed. :P I cook a quick breakfast for the both of us since we've eaten all the pizzas, and I dash out the door only to return in an hour... We spend the rest of the afternoon watching a disc each of Escaflowne and Ranma 1/2 and finishing them... Then, after some more together-time, we get ready to leave. We end the day by sharing a sweet and playful dinner at the Elephant Bar and then after-dinner dessert at In-N-Out... joking, laughing, and sharing ourselves with each other... Sweet kisses mark our goodbye and I can still see him looking out the door as I drive away :)

Now - I'm sitting here, writing this and smelling this perfect rose he gave me as a present and token of his affection... and I'm thinking... usually people feel like this after spending a weekend in the Bahamas or a romantic stay in Paris... But me? I feel like this after spending a weekend inside, reading articles, cooking pizzas, burritos, meatloafs, and Jell-O, watching hours upon hours of anime nestled in my b/f's arms, and laying in bed, sleeping. Which makes me wonder how two people's feelings toward each other could be so highly charged while the time itself was so low key? And I don't so much wonder as much as just know that if there ever comes a time when our love and our connection to each other needs rekindling... forget the plane tickets, unpack the suitcases, and put down the sunscreen because all you really need to do is stock the fridge, pop in the anime, and lock the door :)

2 Comments:

  • At 2:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    chris is a great guy. it's pretty obvious that he loves you just as much as- probably more than- you love him. :o)

     
  • At 12:24 AM , Blogger Quyen said...

    Haha... Is this Chris? :P

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home