www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

400% more for 40% less?

What if I told you that you could go from a AA cup to a good C cup for $4K less than you thought it would cost? Well, that's basically what the two surgeons I met with today told me ;) Basically, I could get a large C if I wanted to... and it would only cost $5,500-$6,000 to do it! It was pretty exciting going to my consultations! Chelle came with me to help me check out the doctors. First, we went to La Jolla where Dr. Brahme met with me and told me about my options. His clinic does the most breast augmentations each month in the entire nation. The staff was helpful and kind as well as very professional. Everything ran very smoothly and according to plan and the good doctor himself seemed very jolly... like Uder, the little German boy, from the Simpsons :P The 2nd doctor I saw today was Dr. Pousti in La Mesa. He was also very kind and seemed just as skilled and caring as Dr. Brahme. However, even though he charged $325 less than Dr. Brahme, I felt his staff left something to be desired. It was much less comprehensive and professional overall and I think I'd be willing to pay an extra $325 for that kind of experience and service. So, now it's time to dispel breast implant myths...

Myth - Breast implants last about 10 years and then need to be replaced... Fact - Breast implants come with lifetime warranties against breakage and leakage and can last a patient up to 60 years or more if properly taken care of (Thank God! If I had to undergo surgery every 10 years, I'd die!)

Myth - People who have breast implants lose nipple sensitivity... Fact - Only 5% of patients notice a loss in nipple sensitivity related to breast augmentation (Wait... foreplay is still an option??? hehe :P)

Myth - Breast implants look fake... Fact - Actually, because earlier procedures couldn't produce the results we can get with today's methods, people began to associate fake looking breasts with implants. The fact is that today, implants are more natural looking than ever and when you do see implants that look "fake", it's often because the patient has requested that they look that way! (C'mon, didn't you know looking like you have fake breasts is a fashion trend? :D)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home