www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

What I learned at school today...

If there's one thing my creative writing class taught me, it's that academic poetry is so much harder to pull off than your average stream of consciousness, diary poetry. Today, I spent 5 hours writing 3 poems... Now if that's not altogether unproductive, I don't know what is. The worst part is that after I put my semester portfolio together, I still found mistakes... but, I did get them done... and that is all that the Principessa of Procrastination promises ;) Other than that, I'm almost home free when it comes to finals week :D I finished my philosophy final yesterday - Grade projection? A-... I presented my final for creative writing today - Grade projection? Considering absences, a truly deserved B-/C+... I also played my viola jury today - Grade projection? Who knows? I didn't have the last 6 lessons of the semester and my wrist still hurts from today's performance! Most likely an A-/B+... So, that's not so bad! I also found out I passed my upper division writing exam with an 11 (on a scale of 1-12) Only one more final to go... psychology... but I'm not worried, seeing as I have 103% in the class ;) Grade projection? A... So, seeing as I probably got an A-/B+ in orchestra (couple absences) and an A in string pedagogy, I estimate this semester's weighted GPA anywhere between 3.3 and 3.7... which is an average semester grade of B+/A- all around... not bad for someone with a full class load, and 3 jobs... well, 2 jobs now... I got fired from one of them... but that's an entirely different story ;) Oh, I also learned that I'm gonna need to really get my viola chops up before the surgery so I can just let my technique waste away for a couple weeks while I heal... so, not such an interesting blog... except for the fact that this stupid semester is almost over! Oh, and no more poetry writing for me for the next 6 months... I'm poetry'd out :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home