www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Finals week, breast cancer, and a flying monkey...

Welcome to finals week here at CSUN :) As always, I'm doing all of the studying that I should have been doing during the semester, now (as in, the "now" that includes the hour and a half before the exam) However, as the Principessa of Procrastination, I assert my sovereignty by demonstrating the time honored tradition of the 90-minute cram session... and (as is only expected from a daughter of the royal house) I shall ace each respective exam garnering superior marks for my mastery in the areas of philosophy, writing, and psychology ;) But seriously, this is hell for me... I'd have more fun picking skin off my body after a sunburn. But what are you gonna do when the only person you can blame is you? Oh, that's right... blame the system ;) haha Tonite, I took my philosophy final and I'm pretty confident I made it out of the semester with an A-... not a bad trade-off for a study commitment time of around 3 hours! That's like an hour of study time per unit! Aren't CSU's great? ;) Tomorrow, I have my viola jury and my Creative Writing final... wish me luck!

So, I'm freaking out because there's a weird lump in my breast and it's hard... I'm not sure what it is, but I do know that it has been there for awhile... So, leave it to me to assume the worst... breast cancer :( The worst part is that it's happening now (as if there's ever a good time for it to happen?) right when I'm about to go under the knife for my breast augmentation! It's like a cruel trick nature is playing on me... like, "Oh! You thought you were going to make your breasts swell with pride and saline, didn't you? But oh no... We can't have any of that! Instead, we're going to give you breast cancer and further decrease what little breast mass was slopped to you in the first place!" Sigh, nature is a cruel, cruel mistress... I'd really like to slap that bitch ;)

And lastly, I have to include this memory for posterity... I was looking up the secret menu for the In-N-Out Burger (you know, stuff like animal style, protein style, 4x4, etc) and I came across what's called a "Flying Dutchman" - 2 burger patties with 2 slices of melted cheese and nothing else (a great Atkins meal!) So, my sister, Jenni, calls me and we're talking about the lump in my breast and somewhere along the way, I decide to tell her that she should go to In-N-Out and order a Flying Dutchman (since she's on Atkins too) A couple hours later, she calls me back...

Quyen: Hello?
Jenni: Hey. What was that thing you told me to order?
Quyen: From In-N-Out?
Jenni: Yeah.
Quyen: A Flying Dutchman.
Jenni: Oh, yeah. I thought it was a flying monkey or something like that. Okay, thanks. Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home