www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Thursday, May 27, 2004

The End

Today marked the ending of two things: my therapy sessions and finals week. In a way, I'm disappointed to see them both go. Yet, at the same time, I have this overwhelming sense of accomplishment and contentment.

After working with my therapist, Dr. Goodwin, for the entire semester, I just have to say that I am amazed at myself for having come such a long way in reshaping who I am as a person. Of course, I can't take credit for all the work. I am blessed to have my b/f and my therapist in my life to help me talk things through and support me when I am in need of support. The both of them truly have my appreciation and gratitude for being there with me every step of the way :D Our last therapy session included a summary of what we accomplished since my first session... It's incredible how far a person can go in so short a time. When I first came to him, I thought alot of my "issues" had been resolved from a previous year spent in therapy... Little did I know that I had yet to discover many more... but I am glad I did because I am a much happier person now than I was before. I'm now able to derive pride and confidence from my own work and my own thoughts - I do not live to make other people feel good - I live to make my life the best it can be. I'm willing to express myself more - even at the cost of another person's approval. I can be around others and not feel threatened by what they think of me because I no longer give them the power to determine my self-worth. I'm now able to break out of seeing situations and their solutions in black and white terms - I'm more open minded about different options and perspectives. Along with that, I'm better able to not jump to conclusions and fulfill self-prophecies with negative self-talk. The way I communicate in relationships has improved greatly, and I feel much more able to take control of my own happiness in life. All in all, I've made great changes and I know that those close to me (as well as myself) are very proud of the person that I've become :D

On a side note, school is over! Now, I can concentrate on enriching my mind with various books and materials and hopefully keep developing my top secret project! I can also resume my workout and practice schedules now that I have extra time to do them! This is going to be a very exciting summer full of lots of growth and fulfillment :)

5 Comments:

  • At 8:42 AM , Blogger NatBug37 said...

    Congratulations on all your growth and accomplishment!!!

     
  • At 3:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    a top secret project? what kind?

    oh... duh... a SECRET one. :oP

    good luck with your fulfilling summer :o)

     
  • At 3:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i'm a nerd and i forgot to put my name on my post... i'm chris's friend erin, just so you don't think that weird random strangers are reading all the details of your life.

    oh wait, i AM a weird random stranger. anyways, i'll shut up now :o)

     
  • At 7:35 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    Hi Erin! I've heard so much about you. Chris talks so highly of you. Out of everyone I know, I'd have to say you're probably his best friend :) Maybe we'll get to talk to each other or meet each other soon :)

    Thanks Natalie for the congrats :) How is your summer going? Mine has been less than wonderful as you can see. I guess I'll see you @ Lena's gig on the 12th! :)

     
  • At 6:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I just came across your blog about Wellness to complete my work on the subject. Thanks for your thoughts!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home