www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Thursday, May 27, 2004

The method to my madness

Okay, so I just wanted a catchy title so you'd read this... :P I just finished completing my theory on learning that incorporates child development research, theories on learning, and music education and wrapped them all up into one nice little package that you can print out. I am currently testing my method personally to work out the kinks. I plan to work with the system for the next 2 weeks on my own and, if all is Kosher, then I will introduce the method to a select few from my studio of violin students and see how they do with it. I feel like a mad scientist... I've been working on this for the past 6 weeks almost obsessively... reading books and articles and talking to various experts in the fields of psychology, sociology, and music education... and I think I have a very sound theory on my hands! :D At least that is what everyone is telling me... ;) Basically, the idea is to make better use of a student's time with their instrument while nurturing the development of life skills. It's actually a Top Secret project. So, I can't divulge too many secrets... I take it that the previous statement was sufficiently vague? ;) However, I will say this... For those of you who care to know, Suzuki was my inspiration for this... except it turned into a whole different ballgame :P I do hope my experiment works out, though. So far, I've found some of the kinks in my plan... but I am confident that with more research and some "field work" in the studio, I'll be able to perfect it! And seeing as how I'm my laziest student... if it works for me, it'll work for anybody! :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home