www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Friday, June 11, 2004

Here comes the bride!

And no, it's not me :P On Wednesday, my mother's b/f, Lou, requested that each of the 3 daughters return home for a formal family dinner... (everytime this happens, I feel like we're in some kind of Tolkien fantasy world and each of us comes from a different land representing the strengths and flaws of different races. Yet, we come together from afar to meet for important occasions... This should give you an idea of how often my sisters and I get together :P) Anyway, we all had dinner together and towards the end of the evening, Lou tells us the reason he's called this meeting of the Justice League...

"I asked you 3 girls home... you 3 wonderful women... you 3 beautiful young women... (for some weird reason he kept calling us "beautiful" and "gorgeous" and stuff like that... go fig :P)... because your mother and I have been together awhile now and I care about her very much. I want to ask you for your permission to get engaged to your mother... and we haven't talked dates yet... but I want to take care of her and take her hand in holy matrimony... and I want to have your approval."

Awwwwwwwwwww :) So, each of the 3 weird sisters came up with an impromptu speech and we all accepted him into our family :) I'm really happy for my mom! After everything, she really deserves a man who will treat her with the love and respect she deserves :) So, last I heard, she's picking out a $6K engagement ring ;) Funny... since a recent survey of American women reveals that 58% would rather have an HDTV than a one carat diamond ring... of course... $6K isn't gonna JUST buy a one carat diamond ring, now is it? ;)

1 Comments:

  • At 9:41 AM , Blogger NatBug37 said...

    I'd take the HDTV!!! I mean hey... how much entertainment can a peice of metal with a rock in it give you when you can see the best in movies and television in high definition?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home