www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Need Skincare Advice!

So, I went for my second laser hair removal treatment yesterday. I had on this cream anesthetic that made my mouth feel numb for like 4 hours (I swear I had an invisible muzzle on). Anyway, it still hurt like shit, but I went up 3 joules (that's energy, folks) in the power of the laser for this session. I'm really hoping this laser hair removal thing really works. Otherwise, I laid down $400 for nothing :(

At my session, I inquired about this "amazing skincare line" that she touted last time I was there. The line is called Skin Ceuticals and claims that they combine skincare with science. She sent me home with a $20 sample of serum and a giant pamphlet, the color of a box of tampons. The literature is really interesting and seems to really work. However, I asked her how much it would be to start up on the skincare line and she said $300! So now, I'm looking at this Skin Ceuticals stuff like it's an investment! Crazy! That's like $1200 a year for skincare! Has anyone else heardof, used, or seen this stuff? Any suggestions for other product lines that are effective and may work?

On the upside, I asked her if she would do Botox on me and she turned me away saying, "You have beautiful skin! Why are you thinking of getting Botox? How old are you? 21? You are way too young to be considering those kinds of options. If you start Botox while you're young, it may become an addiction. I'd rather have you be addicted to chocolate; it's healthier and less expensive. Get Botox out of your head and just get a good skincare line to preserve your natural beauty." Then she turned to a coworker and said, "Can you believe her? Women would kill to have her skin!" Needless to say, I walked away relieved and happy :)

3 Comments:

  • At 2:04 PM , Blogger Kis Lee said...

    you're 21 and thinking of botox? can i strangle you right now? no, seriously.

    joules..hey i think i remember that from physics.

     
  • At 2:33 PM , Blogger grace said...

    you are going to be the most plastic girl in the world! congratulations! :P

     
  • At 2:59 PM , Blogger David said...

    What hair were you removing for $400!? :o

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home