www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Monday, April 04, 2005

Bride of Frankenstein

Last nite, Chris and I finally went out to eat after reading, sleeping, and working (each other :P) all day long ;) We ended up going to Romano's Macaroni Grill, which neither of us has ever been before. The decor was totally super-cute! :D Like a little bistro/cafe meets Italian red brick oven. It featured cute (but tiny) booths stocked with extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, butcher paper tablecloths, and amazing house bread with the sweetness of fresh rosemary baked right in! :D The actual entree portions were huge (about 3 medium servings) and the tastes were so complex and robust that I'm sure a nice wine would have gone well with them (even though I hate wine - wine makes me drunk in no time flat :P hehe) Anyway, you guys have to try it! :)

When it was time for me to leave, Chris drove me to my car which was parked a block away along a busy street. I got inside and put the key in the ignition and turned it. Nothing. No power, no dashboard lights, no headlights, not even emergency blinkers. I turned to Chris and gave him a "help me!" look as he drove away, probably thinking my look of despair really meant "I'll miss you!" :( So, I called him back and we got the jumper cables out and everything...

I told him to start the car and keep it running and I'd start my car and when it was running, I'd go out and take the jumper cables off. Well, my car started and I got out of my car and started taking the clamps off his battery. After I got them off, I went to my car to take the other ones off. However, I couldn't do that while I was holding the other cables. So, I put them both in one hand. OMG. If you could have seen the sparks that flew! I thought I was going to die in some fiery electric storm. I totally forgot that you're not supposed to let positive touch negative! hehehe oops. :P Anyway, I'm fine, but I thought I was going to be a roasted chicken there for awhile. All in all, lesson learned: 1) Don't let positive touch negative and 2) let your boyfriend jumpstart your car for you ;)

P.S. I asked Chris what he would do if I died right there on the street and he said he'd drive me to the graveyard and dump me in the grass. Nice boyfriend, huh? :P hehehe

6 Comments:

  • At 4:31 PM , Blogger Chris said...

    Quyen - that's so sick! :P I never said I'd dump you in some grass. You must have been thinking grass when what I reeeally meant was astro-turf.

     
  • At 5:26 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    Great. Astro-turf is soooooooo much better... *undying sarcasm* :P

     
  • At 8:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You couldn't very well leave a corpse on grass...it'll kill the grass.

    Did the handles stick together when you touched positive to negative? That's the best part.

    TMAnon

     
  • At 10:46 AM , Blogger Kis Lee said...

    yikes! lesson learned, i'll never jump start my car.

    romano's is alright...i like their spinach dip appetizer.

     
  • At 1:33 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    LE, you should try their Penne Rustico! It's so delicious! :) Meow.

     
  • At 8:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    If you die...can i have your violin, viola and music? ;-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home