www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Doctors and Blogger - They're all the same

Okay. First off, I haven't been able to comment on anyone's blogs! WTF? That totally sucks! Unlike Grace, I don't want to take the time to post my comments to everyone's blogs on my own blog. Anyway, I'm sorry you guys haven't been getting any comments on your blogs from me. Blogger is being buggy. YB suggested another blogging forum, but I've been blogging on blogger.com for almost a year now. I'm kind of attatched :P ...even if it is buggy ;)

Secondly, I haven't been posting because I've been in a constant state of medical alarm. I've had a growth growing on my left hip/groin for about a month now. Just recently, it has doubled or tripled in size and become so painful that my ability to walk has been impaired significantly. I've seen 5 different doctors in the past 2 days: a urologist/surgeon, a UCLA Medecine faculty member, a doctor in the ER @ Kaiser, a visiting doctor from Germany, and my own general practitioner. None of them know what is wrong with me...

At first, they thought I had an inguinal hernia because I have all the history of a hernia. However, it's not in the right place of where a hernia should be and I'm not throwing up everywhere (also symptomatic of a hernia). The next thing they thought it was was a swollen lymph node because it's tender to the touch (i.e. it fucking hurts if you touch it, so don't)... except it's too high to be in the lymph node region. After that, they thought it was "cat scratch fever" which makes sense since I have a cat who scratches me... the only problem is that I'm not running a fever and my white blood cell count is completely normal. I even had x-rays and they show nothing.

So, I'm in a lot of pain, always on the verge of admitting myself to the county hospital, and dealing with midterms and papers that are due, all at the same time. It totally sucks! The only thing they haven't ruled out is a malignant tumor :( I made my "goodbye, world" calls a few nights ago. I bet my friends and old acquaintances all thought that was pretty funny since I'm still here and blogging away. I just wanted to say one thing: Doctors and Blogger are both user unfriendly and make everyone feel like they don't know what's going on.

13 Comments:

  • At 7:53 AM , Blogger Calvin said...

    all the best with the pain and all.. :-), and try Haloscan for comments.

     
  • At 12:14 PM , Blogger peachy said...

    Hi!
    I couldn't comment until today either. Your hair looks great in your new picture.

    Sorry about the bump. That's scary and painful. I wish I had better words for you, but I don't. I hope things work out. Big hugs to you. I'm glad you're back.

     
  • At 12:15 PM , Blogger Yankeebob said...

    Geez Quyen, that's sucky. I hope they find out what that growth thing is. Hopefully it's not anything permanently serious.

    I'm attached to blogger too. All the other sites I've considered just weren't as user friendly as the original blogger. Plus things seem to be working well now. We'll see.

    By the way, your new pic is great! Love the long hair look. Pretty sexy! Be well, Quyen.

     
  • At 12:41 PM , Blogger Jer said...

    Why is it that doctors never seem to know anything about anything?

    Pretty soon they'll start calling your growth, "Chronic Fatigue" -- since that seems to be the default diagnosis when they have no real idea what's going on.

     
  • At 1:24 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    I told my doctor, "It must be hard when you don't know what's going on."

    She replied, "You have to realize that early on in your practice of medecine, otherwise, you'll go crazy. The important thing is to make sure the patient doesn't DETERIORATE under your care."

    At that moment I imagined my lump and I living out the rest of my days together seeing as that wouldn't be considered "deteriorating under care" :P

     
  • At 1:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ever notice how Q's right arm (her right, not ours) is always missing from her picture? Now, I know she has both, but the average person has to wonder if she's just got a stump. Common Q, why you gotta have no love for the right arm?

     
  • At 1:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Your lump and you living out the rest of your days together...hah! I can just see the musical number, 'Me...and...my luuu-uuump, strolling down the avenue....'

    Maybe Q'll name it, and of course, I wouldn't put it past Q to find a way to accessorize it. Maybe draw a face on it and put a little hat on it.

    Here's to Q and Lumpbert, best friends 4eva!

     
  • At 2:13 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    LMFAO! HAHAHAHAHA! :P

     
  • At 2:13 PM , Blogger grace said...

    man. i couldn't get in earlier.

    i didn't know that cat scratch fever was a real disease thing... uhm. yeah.

    so i'm dumb. sue me.

    hope you feel better...

     
  • At 4:41 PM , Blogger Calvin said...

    lol Q.. we actually followed the recipe!!

     
  • At 12:04 AM , Blogger Jenn & John said...

    That really sucks Quyen. YOu should definately have a biopsy done! I'm suprised they haven't done that yet. Doctor doesn't mean anything anymore. Most of them are fucking idiots...so I have come to discover.

     
  • At 10:51 PM , Blogger Kis Lee said...

    ditto peachy's comment...great pic!

    sorry about your mystery lump. :( maybe it will go away on its own.

     
  • At 8:11 AM , Blogger Oddgirl said...

    I hope they figure out what the hell is going on. Stupid doctors! Feel better.:)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home