www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

How Badass Am I?

I went to Kung Fu last nite and upon arrival, my Sifu presented me with my first weapon! :) I am now the proud owner of a 2-section staff (otherwise known as nunchukas) :D They are made of a hard wood and have 7 steel links connecting them to each other. I'm so happy my Sifu entrusted me with these weapons. However, he said if I dropped them under any circumstance that he'd take them away from me and I wouldn't be allowed to train with them ever again. Hmnn, I think I'll glue them to my hand :P

A whole bunch of people got weapons yesterday, but interestingly enough, a bunch of people got different ones - even people I had started with and had as much experience as I had. So, the other weapons some students got were Katas and Escrima sticks. I like to think that the 2-section staff is the most advanced weapon of all 3 of them and the most difficult to master. People told me to cover my teeth with my lips because I'll take out teeth if I don't concentrate! Ouch! I'm not so concerned with my teeth right now. I hit myself in the back of the head, and I hit myself several times in the boob! :( Thank God I have implants. Otherwise, I think I would have been on the floor crying. These things are durable damnit! :D hehehe

For some reason, I got totally wiped out after doing some Lim Po. We had just finished a set and we were about to start another one when I started blacking out and feeling like the life force was being sucked out of me. My heart felt like it was going to explode in my chest. I almost fell down. I had to go sit down and was so embarrassed :( I don't know what happened. I've done some very demanding work in that class before and things like this have never happened. Maybe it's the stress from finals. Maybe it was all the sugary drinks I had before class. Maybe I have diabetes or something. Who knows? :|

9 Comments:

  • At 2:46 PM , Blogger grace said...

    you need more sugar, apparently. heh...

    phew, thank god for those implants, eh? :P

    cool! i want to see the numchucks. or however the fuck you spell that.

     
  • At 2:52 PM , Blogger Jenn & John said...

    congrats! Oh, by the way, I will dwell on the fact that you hit yourself in the head. Haha..that is really funny. I hope you didn't hurt yourself though. opps...u violist!

     
  • At 4:10 PM , Blogger Kis Lee said...

    that sounds pretty cool. just make sure you don't keep hitting yourself upside the head. sounds painful.

     
  • At 6:05 PM , Blogger Yankeebob said...

    I'm a guy and that statement about hitting the boob made me cringe. Ouch! If I tried to use nunchukas I'd probably break them on my head. Fortunately I'd most likely be unconscious for a while and wouldn't feel the worst of it.

    Would your Sifu really yake them and not let you train with them if you dropped them? Even just once? That's a tough class.

     
  • At 6:27 PM , Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

    Wow, you're like Michelangelo! Turtle power!

     
  • At 6:28 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    Yeah, my Sifu is badass... He has this game where he puts all of the students into a circle and asks them to perform one move over and over and then weeds out the "rejects". It's embarassing cuz he calls out your name and says something like "Quyen, out! Too slow! Whatever you're doing looks ugly! It's too bad you're retarded" He calls it "no nonsense training". It sounds bad, but it makes me want to be better so I am not called out.

     
  • At 9:46 AM , Blogger grace said...

    note to self: do NOT under any circumstances take q's kung fu class... EVER.

     
  • At 10:42 AM , Blogger Quyen said...

    Sifu: "Grace, out! Stop being a retard! Just cuz you're chinky don't mean you're a kung fu master!"

    I can say chinky because I'm asian... bwahahahahaha :P

     
  • At 6:58 PM , Blogger Kis Lee said...

    your sifu sounds like the bomb. funny stuff!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home