www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Thursday, November 18, 2004

This is ridiculous...

So, I woke up this morning because I had to go pee. I don't usually get up, but I thought I might pee on myself if I fell back asleep lol :P Anyway, I never get back to sleep after I pee. So, I just layed there in bed thinking about my day. I only had a 30 minute break to eat between 12:30 and 1. The next time I had a break was at 5... So, naturally, I thought of waht I was going to eat for lunch. I was mentally going through my pantry, freezer, and fridge while warm under the covers... I soon realized that I had fried all the potstickers, steamed all the frozen tamales, made all the sandwiches, and drank all the juice and soymilk. Shit. What am I gonna eat for lunch?

So, I got out of bed and started looking everywhere for food. Nothing... This is what I get for missing grocery shopping day. I'm too busy all the other days to go shopping :( Fuck. So, my choices were canned mushrooms or condiments... Luckily, I found a box of Krusteaz brownie mix on a shelf. So, here I am at 7:30 in the morning baking brownies so I can have some sort of "lunch" later in the day. That idea, in itself, is so wrong. The worst part is that I'm sitting there mixing the brownies and wondering what the hell I'm gonna do for dinner. I'm never missing grocery day again :(

10 Comments:

  • At 12:39 PM , Blogger Yankeebob said...

    That sounds like a yummy, nutritious lunch. Well, maybe yummy. Do you have any snack machines at work?

    I hate waking up in the early hours for a whiz and not being able to get back to sleep. Screws up the whole day.

     
  • At 1:39 PM , Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

    I want brownies for lunch and I have all kinds of food here!

     
  • At 10:01 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    Fudgy, chocolatey bastards... I could only eat two cuz they were so sweet and rich... Talk about too much of a good thing :( I even tried giving the rest to co-workers and my boss and people who work in the office, and I sTILL have 4 fudgy, chocolatey bastards left! So, I left them on a table at work... hehehe I'll see them tomorrow at 9 ;)

     
  • At 11:59 PM , Blogger Jenn & John said...

    so you ate all of the brownies for lunch? Oh my goodness. I bet you were on a sugar rush today. Did you actually eat a whole pan of brownies? I can't get over it.

     
  • At 12:01 AM , Blogger Jenn & John said...

    i guess i should read all of the comments! I'm a moron!

     
  • At 4:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wont you be my neighbor? I love brownies. Mmm. Good.

     
  • At 8:52 AM , Blogger grace said...

    mmm brownies for lunch!

    yesterday, i had about 50 jelly bellys at least... maybe even 100... and a krispy kreme. i had the biggest sugar rush. and then i crashed. so then i had more sugar.

    then i crashed harder. god. addiction's tough.

     
  • At 10:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You know, the thing I find hilarious is that Quyen lives 150 feet from a liquor store, and SEVERAL restaurants. Lives exactly one city block (stoplight to stoplight) from a grocery store, and still doesn't know what to do for food. Q, babes, the grocery store is open more than 1 day a week.

     
  • At 12:40 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    Hey! I'm on a budget! I can't just go off eating at restaurants every time I'm hungry... Yesterday, I went grocery shopping and bought a loaf of bread, a pound of lunchmeat, 3 boxes of Wheat Thins, 2 - 1/2 gallons of OJ, and some tortellini... all for only $14... If there's something I do better than budgeting, it's saving at a grocery store :)

    Yes, those fudgey, chocolatey bastards... I gave the rest of them away this morning... ;)

     
  • At 8:47 AM , Blogger cat said...

    You *gave* *away* brownies?? *horrified look*. You don't do that! You savour them and eat them and go "yum, yum, yum!" you do not give them away!

    Brownies are best as brekky as you rush off to work. Yum!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home