www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Friday, November 12, 2004

I'm a single mother...

...and I need to take on a second job to support my children... Okay, so I was joking about being a single mother :P But really, i need a second job before I'm "laid off" from my first job. I work as a writing tutor at my college for $8.50 an hour... It's fun, easy work :) However, the Writing Center closes at the end of November... That means no more money :( If I don't get a job soon, I'll starve, damnit! :P

So far, I've been told to apply to Starbuck's, Robinson's May, and Marie Callender's as a hostess or bakery person... How fun would it be to decorate pies all day! And then, I'd have a valuable and marketable skill - pie decorating! :P Imagine that putting itself to use in the workplace ;)

Seriously... I've been thinking about applying for telemarketer positions or maybe applying at Frederick's of Hollywood. I'd really like something that pays a little better, but it doesn't really matter because I'm gonna be doing jack shit for about 7 weeks while I'm off school... Kung Fu class is only 8 hours a week, people... I really need something else to occupy my time between Ramen and kicking ass :P

9 Comments:

  • At 6:49 PM , Blogger Oddgirl said...

    If you're going to do retail I would pick a store you like so your employee discount doesn't go to waste. On the other hand, maybe you should pick a place you wouldn't spend your money at.

    I would check on campus. Maybe the library has some openings. Campus jobs always seem a little more cush to me.

    Working in a restaurant is hard work. It's not all that fun sometimes either. If you have to get a second job try to make it something that won't suck too bad.

    Can you teach some music courses? Do any of the music professors need an asistant? What about the campus gym? I have a few more, but I don't want to overwhelm you. :)

     
  • At 6:58 PM , Blogger grace said...

    no! don't do it! don't get a job.

    it sucks ass. see? it's 7 and i'm still at work. fuckers!

     
  • At 9:23 PM , Blogger Calvin said...

    hey Q, how about some kinda library or cybrary job? that might not pay the best, but at least its less taxing..

     
  • At 11:32 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    Nina, thanks for all the suggestions! :)

    Grace, you're hilarious. You're like the little asian devil on my shoulder :P

    Daggers, that was a random comment :P And I've given up on the idea that you have a perfect person for you out there. I'm beginning to believe that any 2 people can make a relationship work if they want to and if they have good communication. I hope that helps.

    Saurabh, what in the world is a cybery job?

     
  • At 5:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I know a few jobs that pay REALLY good and they're REALLY easy. However, every last one of them involves jail time.

     
  • At 7:18 AM , Blogger Quyen said...

    Hmnn... How EASY did you say??? ;) bwahahahaha :P

     
  • At 10:41 PM , Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

    Retail for the holidays is always fun and not permanent. And you do usually get a great discount. And I am sure that spending all the money you earn, is not in your budget! Hee!

    HEY! Just do that! Set up budgets for people. I'd pay you to do it for me!

     
  • At 12:49 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    LOL I'll help you move and do up your budget for free! (just pay me in food) :P Ya know, starving college student, and all... ;)

     
  • At 3:20 PM , Blogger Calvin said...

    hi Quyen.. cybrary is from cyber-library.. i.e. computer lab consultant :-))

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home