www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Friday, November 19, 2004

Yay! I have a second job!

Well, I always did have a 2nd job, but there was no work for me for a long time. But I got two calls last night from the owner and manager of the music school I teach at, and they have some new work for me! :D Yay! I'm so excited! They want me to teach a couple violin students and 2 group piano classes. This is funny because I don't really play piano. I've only taken a few piano classes in college. However, I'm really good at teaching and pedagogy, and I'm sure I can design a good curriculum out of some method books.

The funniest thing is that they want me to teach cello! I mean... WTF? I don't even play cello! Well, I DO play viola da gamba, but it IS kinda different. So, they are saying that they will pay for me to take some lessons so I can start teaching cello. How kewl is that? The only drawback is that I have to buy my own cello... :( Hmnn... Is it really worth it to buy a cello just so I can teach beginning cello lessons?

But this opportunity is really kewl! I've already designed the music theory class I'll be teaching in January :D That class is gonna be so kick ass! So, in total, I'll be teaching 4 group classes: 2 piano, 1 violin, and 1 music theory; and private violin and viola students (and possibly cello too!) The only thing I have left to do now is buy some moo-moos and dumpy clothing so I can look "conservative" as a teacher... hehehe Why do teachers always look like multi-colored crap? It really disturbs me :P hehehe

11 Comments:

  • At 10:55 AM , Blogger Kis Lee said...

    or you can wear all black for that tortured artist/beatnik look.

    congrats on the 2nd job! you're so multi-talented. i envy that.

     
  • At 10:57 AM , Blogger grace said...

    i hate you. talented bitch.

    :P

     
  • At 11:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    See, normally I would say Q doesn't need dumpy clothes, and she should really just open her closet. However, I will be nice today.

    If you want to borrow my cello, I'll lend it to you.

    C

     
  • At 12:20 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    Hey, C! Thanks for the cello offer! I might need to take you up on that! :) As for Little Eyes and Grace, stop being catty :P hehe j/k :P

     
  • At 2:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    If my crap was multi-colored I'd sell it on ebay.

     
  • At 6:29 PM , Blogger Jenn & John said...

    Congrats on the job. I'm sure you will be a good teacher. As for cello, WTF? I think the drool might get in the way of your cello playing. You know, when you play your viola, the drool just misses the instrument. Bad investment if you want my opinion! VLAVlavla!

     
  • At 6:38 PM , Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

    Pedagogy sounds dirty.

     
  • At 9:38 PM , Blogger foolygoofy said...

    Congratulations on the 2nd job...and wow, you do have a gift in talent. About the dressing part...I'll keep that comment to myself...I can spend a lot of money in clothing and still get it wrong =)...

    DN

     
  • At 9:25 AM , Blogger Calvin said...

    congrats on the job!! at least you won't have to go out looking for them 'cybrary' jobs!! ;-))

     
  • At 3:36 PM , Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

    Congrats, I am very happy for you on your new job. However, I was really hoping that you would get a job at the mall...I could use the discount! Hee hee! And I am with Little Eyes and Grace, green with envy of your talent!

     
  • At 4:09 PM , Blogger Yankeebob said...

    You're amazing! I wish I had your kind of understanding of music and the confidence to go ahead learning something new. Good luck!

    I did play Viola for a while. I just can't remember much anymore. (It was 5th grade.) The guitar still gives me more than I can handle.

    I think you would get a lot out of your students if you dressed like the characters on the SNL skit "Sprockets." (Remember Deter?) All in tight black and never smile. It's sexy, but serious. That would be cool.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home