www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Friday, December 03, 2004

Valley Girls and Hospitals

I was talking on the phone with Adam for the first time last nite, and he told me I have a Valley Girl accent. He tells me I say "like" and "totally" and "ohmigawd" a lot. This is true. The funny thing is that, these days, I really live in the Valley :P Everyone always asks me if I was born here or if I grew up here because I apparently have such a thick Valley accent which is interesting because I was born in Chicago and grew up in San Diego... Where my Valley accent came from, I dunno. I guess I was always meant to end up in the Valley... like some sort of weird homecoming... a reuniting with my homeland hehehe :P I had a choice to go to Ohio or New York or Northern California for college... but what did I do? Yup, go to the Valley... Sometimes, I wonder if that was the best choice, but then I say to myself: "Like, ohmigawd! Totally!" hehehe ;)

So, last night, I left the sanctuary of the Valley to make a trip down to San Diego because I had a meeting at 7:30 AM with the MediCal guy at the hospital where I was hospitalized a couple months ago. 7 freaking 30 AM in the morning... OMG... I don't think I'll ever recover... The worst part was I had a class from 7-10pm last nite and then had to drive my ass 3 hours down. Then, when I got here, I was so hungry! So, I picked up my sister and we went to a Denny's... Thank God for Denny's! :D

Anyway, I went to the hospital this morning and on the way, I passed by my old hospital room and I dunno what came over me but I started to feel really heavy inside. Like, I started to think, "OMG, I could have died 2 months ago!" It was like this after-the-fact epiphany. I guess living in Los Angeles, where life is so fast-paced and everything happens on a schedule, we forget just the fact that we're here and we're able to pursue whatever we wish. I appreciate the fact that I'm alive and able to share my thoughts with my blogger friends :) I appreciate the opportunity to drive down to San Diego and back up to LA within 12 hours. I appreciate all the love and support I've received throughout the years. So thank you to all of you who read and thank you to all those who care. :) I'm glad I'm able to share my life with you. Also, please send your best wishes to Mel and her family in their time of need. Thank you :)

6 Comments:

  • At 11:07 AM , Blogger grace said...

    like, ohmygawd! i like, totally say, like... "like" a lot!

    hehe... i don't know what it is. something about the so. cal weather, maybe... i try not to... and it's easier to curb it when writing...

    oh, i also say "so" a lot... like, "ohmygawd! i would SO do that!"

    i loved going to school up north. okay, i hated the school, but i loved the area.

    and we're glad you're alive, too... :)

     
  • At 5:35 PM , Blogger Kis Lee said...

    ditto what grace said. we're glad that you made it through that ordeal.

    i say "like" and "hella" a lot. no one has said i talk like a valley girl (thank god), but my bf does say i talk like a white girl. :P

     
  • At 7:36 PM , Blogger foolygoofy said...

    One day I pick 3 blogs that since then I have been following like daily. I read them or visit them but I don't comment with the exeption of one in two blue moons...yours blog is one of them. =)...I think it's great the things you share and talk about...so keep it up. =)

    DN

     
  • At 7:57 PM , Blogger Yankeebob said...

    I don't know the story of what you went through a few months ago, but I'm sure glad it ended up OK. I really like visiting your blog and you obviously have many people who care for you.

    I like the Valley Girl accent. It's cool to listen to someone who speaks that way naturally. (I really liked the movie Valley Girl too.)

     
  • At 11:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Im glad you're here too.

     
  • At 9:54 AM , Blogger Quyen said...

    I heart you guys :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home