www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Monday, November 29, 2004

It's all Grace's and Nina's fault!

I guess I should comment on Thanksgiving first... It was really fun. There was lots of yummy food - my mom's stuffing is the best! I showed off my Kung Fu moves to the family, and they were all impressed. In the process of demonstrating my defensive techniques, I dropped Chelle on her ass hehehe :P We met my sister's new b/f, Greg. After dinner, we all played poker; my mom cleaned us the fuck out. Thank God she gave me my money back. Otherwise, I would have had to add that to my "Holiday Shennanigans" account. :P The next day I sang Karaoke all day - Immortality by Celine Dion is my bitch ;) Then, I met my dad and sister for a buffet dinner. However, the most important thing that happened was that after telling my parents about my super tight budget, they felt sorry for me and gave me $100 each... Score! So, now I have $200. Oh, what to do with it? :P

Well, this is where the real story begins... I was talking to David on the way down to SD, and we were talking about Gamecubes. He said I should just suck it up and buy one - I was like, "I have no money". I thought I might ask for one for Xmas. But then, Chris tells me there is a Gamecube sale at Gamestop. So, I decide to go check it out.

I'm standing there with a Gamecube in my hands debating whether I should buy it... Just then, Devil Grace and Devil Nina appear on my shoulders (I'm sure Devil Mike was somewhere in the background hehe)

Me: But it's so expensive! I should use this $200 for an oil change or something useful.
Grace: But Pikmin 2 and Paper Mario are the best games EVER!
Nina: She's right! Even I bought one.
Grace: Yeah, look! Even Nina bought one.
Nina: Figure it this way: You can spend the $200 on Xmas presents for other people who won't like what you got for them anyway, or you can get a Gamecube all for yourself.
Grace: All for yourself! Mwahahahahaha! Oops. Sorry.
Nina: C'mon, Quyen. Join the club! It's a big party, and you're invited! :D 'Please bring all your purchases to the register. Thank you! Come again.'
Grace: C'mon. Be one of the kewl kids. Buy a Gamecube. You wanna be kewl, don't you???
Mike: *sings "Wind Beneath my Wings" in the background*

So, giving in to peer pressure, I bought a wonderful silver Gamecube, 2 controllers, a memory card, a game carrying case, and 4 games: Mario Party 4, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Mario Kart: Double Dash, and Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. Can we say Gamecube party? ;)

7 Comments:

  • At 11:18 AM , Blogger Mike said...

    Whoa, you've got Nina pegged. I was there with you, as a matter of fact. And I'll have you know that this was NOT a "Wind Beneath My Wings" occasion. If Grace and Nina had shut they're yaps for two seconds you would have heard the clear ringing of RESPECT.

    sockittomesockittomesockittomesockittomesockittome
    sockittomesockittomesockittomesockittomesockittome

     
  • At 12:12 PM , Blogger Yankeebob said...

    Solid choice on the Gamecube. It's so nice to have friends to turn to for advice.

     
  • At 2:36 PM , Blogger grace said...

    YES! i'm usually just a bad influence on people when i'm physically there! man! this psychic stuff really works! :P

    anyway, you made a good choice. next time, pick up pikmin 1 and 2, super mario sunshine and paper mario, too :P hehehe. do it. be cool like the rest of us. do it! do it! do it!

     
  • At 7:52 PM , Blogger Oddgirl said...

    Party? You must invite Steve to make the cocktails.:P

    Yay! You'll love that damn thing. Double Dash is fun because you can bitch slap the other drivers. I like me some bitch slapping. Grace is right about Pikmin 2. That game kicks ass.

    I can't believe you bought a case. How stylish. Is it for the gaming girl on the go?

    Just so you know, if I were there I probably would have said what you wrote verbatim.:)

     
  • At 12:31 PM , Blogger Kis Lee said...

    oh great, now i'll be the only one w/o videogaming skills. i can't believe ms. thrifty dropped $$ on a gamecube. i guess it won't be long before i follow you guys.

     
  • At 10:46 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    C'mon, Little Eyes! Get a Gamecube! Be kewl like us! ;) hehehe

    I love how you called me Ms. Thrifty! :P LOL hahahaha

     
  • At 6:06 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    It must be my gambler's instinct, Giest hehehe :P

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home