www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Thursday, September 23, 2004

School and After-School Snacks

First off, I got my first A ever in my ANTH 315 class! I couldn't believe that I actually scored higher than the C+ and B- grades I've been getting so far on these stupid essays! I guess changing your writing style to get the grade you want really DOES work! :) The funny thing was that I wrote that paper in like 2 hours... much like today when I wrote this week's paper 3 hours before class!

When I get stressed out, I eat... a lot... but at least I'm trying to surround myself with healthy snacking alternatives... like fruit in a cup and applesauce and V8 Splash and stuff like that :) I'm trying not to load up on empty calories these days... what with the 20 extra lbs. and all :P

I picked up a super kewl snack food @ Walmart the other day... individually sized bags of popcorn! I couldn't believe it! I was so excited that they came in all sorts of flavors! I got kettle corn since that's my fave :) The size is just perfect for dinner and movie for one or to share with a friend (make sure your friend is not greedy) :P The bag has room enough for just one hand and it's super portable! I really like this whole portion control popcorn bag idea... I'm putting this one right up there with my spin brush ;)

5 Comments:

  • At 9:05 AM , Blogger Mike said...

    I once saw microwavable bags of pork rinds. I had to know. It looked just like a popcorn bag, but filled the house with the stench of rotting flesh. I had to move. Avoid those.

     
  • At 10:09 AM , Blogger grace said...

    congrats on your A ... i don't miss college one bit. heh.

    i was going to say something about the popcorn, but then i read mike's comment about the microwaveable pork rinds... and i lost my train of thought... gross.

     
  • At 3:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Seriously. What is it with the pork rind obsession these days? Anywhoo, I feel ya on the popcorn thing. I just discovered snack size bags of Mini Wheat Thins. Why they have to be mini is beyond me, but I like to eat them. They make me feel really big since they are all tiny and stuff.

     
  • At 3:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm an ass! Congrats on your A! That is A-wesome!! tee hee...some cheese to go with my crackers...

     
  • At 4:41 PM , Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

    WTF? Those anonymous posts were from me. I don't know why that happened...and yes CL, Joey did say that. And seeing how it is very rare that I feel big, so I need to embrace it every chance I get!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home