www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Beauty Rant

Today, I went to Walmart to pick up a new toothbrush. I got to the oral hygeine aisle and was going to go for one of the normal brushes when those new-fangled "spin brushes" caught my eye. My sister had one in her shower when I went to visit for the weekend, and I've always been curious about them. They have always reminded me of those electric lollipop spinners - made for kids too lazy to lick their lollipops. I proceeded to spend the next 15 minutes taking up their offer to "try me!" with all of the brushes and wasting their batteries hehe I eventually decided to buy one - the Crest "pro-whitening" spin brush in metallic pink. To match, I bought a tube of Crest's "Vivid White" in refreshing mint - a new whitening toothpaste.

I got home and decided to brush my teeth. I was so excited when the white and clear toothpaste was being spread onto the double motorized brush heads. I put it into my mouth and it was just really firm. I thought, "Geez, there's no way this is cleaning my teeth!" It felt like it was barely rubbing itself over the surface and not between the teeth at all! Because of its giant head, it was hard to get to my back teeth, but I managed. When I got done and rinsed, I ran my tongue over my teeth. Oh mi gawd! They felt so clean! And the taste! It was like I just got a fluoride treatment from my dentist! I couldn't believe it! It was amazing! I LOVE my new spin brush :) Buy one today! ;)

On another note, I was trying to grow out my brows to make them more full (Asians have a problem with growing enough eyebrow hair) So, I let them grow out for about 3 months, trimming and plucking as little as possible. Pretty soon, I had tons of eyebrow hair! But then, people started telling me my eyebrows were too heavy and that I should thin them out. So... after I had my toothbrush epiphany, I obliterated my eyebrows. Tweezing and plucking... till the next thing you knew, they were practically where they started 3 months ago! Pshhh... I've always looked better with more dramatic brows anyway... :P But ya know what? I don't regret it. I like thinner brows - they make me look lots more happy and way less angry, and that's always a good thing ;)

13 Comments:

  • At 10:00 AM , Blogger grace said...

    i have a spin brush... i think it's oral b. yes, i love it. but no, i don't use it every day. all that vibrating in my mouth... just not natural :P

    i'm feelin' you on the eyebrow issue... uuufff. i hate mine.

     
  • At 10:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hang in there. Someday you'll find a happy medium between thick and thin. I agree with what people were telling you. Too thick is scary, like a wookie or something, and cute asian girls should avoid looking like wookies. On the flipside, try to avoid absolute disfigurement by going too thin. It frankly looks weird when you look at a girl and realize she has to paint eyebrows on because she's ripped the hell out of her real hair. By the way, some girls have eyebrows that resemble full-blown mustaches so I wouldn't be too worried if I was you. You're what we in guy-land like to call a hotty.

     
  • At 11:59 AM , Blogger Quyen said...

    Haha... an Asian wookie? I'm just picturing Chewbacca with slanty eyes :P

     
  • At 12:41 PM , Blogger grace said...

    no, there are no asian wookies. unfortunately, asian girls will all end up looking like yoda. it is our destiny.

     
  • At 12:48 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    Grace: wtf... LMAO

     
  • At 4:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Vanity is my favorite sin. Sinner!

     
  • At 9:10 PM , Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

    Dude! You sooo sold me on the spin brush! I want to lick my teeth and feel in awe of how clean they are! Crest should give you commission!

    On the eyebrow front, I have MAJOR issues! I have bald spots! WTF? You are adorable, though, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

    (Just as a funny side note, I had a friend who slept with this girl, in the morning, he rolled over and noticed that her "eyebrows" had completely rubbed off in her sleep! He was totally traumatized!)

     
  • At 10:28 AM , Blogger Quyen said...

    Thank God for brow powder :)

     
  • At 12:09 PM , Blogger grace said...

    brow powder? tell me more...

     
  • At 1:02 PM , Blogger grace said...

    i heart CL's dirty birdie mind.

     
  • At 1:14 PM , Blogger grace said...

    it's okay... it's funny :D

     
  • At 3:11 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    hahaha <----- see? I'm laughing :)

     
  • At 3:53 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    Oh... and CL... for all the men you know, pray that I'm not trying to get any giant heads near my back teeth! :P

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home