www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Monday, September 20, 2004

My Weekend

On Friday, I drove up to see Chris for the first time in 5 weeks! It's been really rough for us not being able to see each other, but absence really does make the heart grow fonder! We got a room at "our" hotel, and shared a dinner at "our" restaurant. It's funny... you begin to share so many key memories in the same city, same restaurants, same places that you really start to wonder what's going to happen when you move or your situation changes. I guess the thing to look foward to is the fact that wherever you are, you'll be sharing things together :)

Saturday morning, we left for my boob job follow-up appointment in Temecula, but lo and behold, my '89 Volvo totally died on me on the freeway :( The engine just shut down... just like that. So, we were sitting on the side of the road waiting for a friendly passer-by to stop and give us a jump. Fuck that... you'd have to pay a person to care these days... and that's exactly what we did... $65 for a freaking jump start! Ludicrous, I tell you. We later find out that my radiator belt is loose and I have a coolant leak... greeeeeat

Needless to say, we never made it to my appointment and it took us 4 hours to make a 90 minute trip to San Diego. We got inside my mom's house and freaking passed out! By the time everyone got home, dinner was ready! Mmmmmmmm pot roast! Nothing like a home-cooked meal (anything is better than pasta, sandwiches, and cup o' noodles every day) The whole family ended up watching a bootleg version of Hero (which is a gorgeous film) on DVD.

The next morning, Chris and I got ready and went shopping for birthday presents for his little bro and my big sis (we're into the whole 'presents from the both of us' stage). I ended up spending about as much on me as I did for the both of them combined! I'm such prey to advertising... actually, I just bought some MAC lipglass and mascara (both of which were essential since I had run out of them) and a boxed set of Margaret Cho DVDs from BestBuy (I loooooove her!) So, I guess that's not so bad after all :P

We got home and the whole family was there: Mom, Lew, Chelle, Jenni, Newton, Chris and myself. We all ate filet mignon from the grill and watched The Notorious C.H.O. haha It's really nice being around family... I miss it :) And I realized something else too, my family is growing :)

2 Comments:

  • At 4:45 PM , Blogger grace said...

    awww, sounds nice...

    where are you originally from?

     
  • At 5:12 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    I was born in Chicago, raised in San Diego and am Vietnamese by ethnicity... although everyone (even Koreans! think I'm Korean :P

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home