www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

I can't believe how much weight I've gained...

So, I went to the doctor yesterday for a follow-up, and one of the things you have to do before you see her is get on the scale. I couldn't believe my eyes! It read 146.4 lbs! That's like 20 lbs more than I weighed last month! I knew I gained weight since the surgery two months ago (when I was 126 lbs.), but I didn't realize I had gained that much! It's funny... I've really noticed the effect that gaining weight has had on me. I take naps during the day. I'm constantly tired. I feel listless and bored all the time.

I wish I could start working out, but my surgeon says I can't. Otherwise, my boobs won't heal correctly :( So, I'm pretty sure that the weight will just fly off once I'm able to do more than walk around. But it's still unsettling knowing that I've gained almost a pound every couple days! I meet with my surgeon this Saturday. So, hopefully he'll give me the okay on exercising again :) If not, I'll just have to watch my calorie intake... what else can I do when I can't work out? BTW, does anyone else think gaining a pound every two days is a bit abnormal?

5 Comments:

  • At 11:38 AM , Blogger grace said...

    that's awful... i gained about 20 lbs after i started dating steve. i just lost it this summer. it's tough. good luck!

    (although a pound every few days does seem like a lot... why's it so damned easy to gain weight, but so hard to lose it? i definitely wasn't losing a pound every few days.)

     
  • At 11:48 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    Seriously! Although a friend told me today that like 8 lbs. of that probably came from my boob job... which made me feel better until I realized... "Wait... What? 8 lbs of fucking silicone in my chest???"

     
  • At 9:34 AM , Blogger grace said...

    oh yeah... that's true. i hope you got saline instead of silicone. heard that's better in case of rupture. eep.

     
  • At 6:17 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    Saline all the way... although they did ask me if I wanted silicone... Maybe that's like asking to be stabbed with a lead pencil; I'm not sure...

     
  • At 3:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    i just have to say one thing: all you skinny people suck! i can't believe you and gracie are complaining about your weight.

    sheesh.. when you guys weigh as much as me, come talk to me.

    skinny people.. hmmph. =P

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home