www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Sunday, September 05, 2004

Tractor Trouble

So, I was driving to a studio gig today and I totally got lost because I got bad directions from the composer. I'm going the opposite direction of where I should be headed and it turns into this long stretch of 2-lane freeway. I'm driving down this thing wondering if I should turn around and cut my losses. But, lo and behold, there is no shoulder to stop at and there is a long train of cars riding my bumper behind me. So, I keep driving. I keep seeing signs that basically tell me to 'keep going and you'll eventually get to where you need to be' - some place called Fillmore - more importantly, a place with freeway junctions. One thing leads to another, and I end up driving this long, windy, precarious road in the mountains. One false move and I'm in the canyon below. I hate roads like that. It reminds me of going to see my ex in Arrowhead.

So, here I am: driving 15 mph down a scary canyon/mountain 2-lane freeway with a bevy of angry white people driving behind me and civilization is nowhere to be found. I get down to sea level and I'm driving past these farms and plantations. I swear I see one for cotton. In the distance, I see a town of some sort. Finally! Maybe I can get directions here, I think to myself. There is a sign telling me to turn right to take the 126. Where the hell is the 126???

I decide to park at a gas station to ask for directions. I go inside and everyone is white. Now, this is not reverse racism, but they all looked like they wanted to lynch me cuz I was asian. I think the old woman in the corner was seriously debating whether she should make a coat out of me or just press me to death with boards. After I get some clues of how to get to where I need to be, I step outside and see something glimmer in the corner of my eye. I look over and there is a tractor just driving on the street like it's nobody's business. A man in a straw hat and overalls driving a tractor, stopped at a stoplight, with other cars behind it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home