www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Friday, August 27, 2004

Anthropology from Hell!

My day was going fine: I learned a lot in Bio, put on a sexy (but dressy) outfit for auditions, went to orchestra, and then practiced for Honors String Quartet auditions. I played extremely well on the auditions (considering I probably shouldn't be playing at all due to surgery), and I had a nice Greek dinner before heading to my last class of the week - Anthropology 315: Third World Cultures.

Here's the rundown: 4 textbooks, 10 essays (7 of them due the first 7 weeks), one final worth only 20%, and attendance worth 0.5%! Here's the kicker... a 5 page essay is due each week for the first 7 weeks of the semester. The essay is based off of questions that the professor gives you at the end of each 3 hour class. But here's the catch! You have to turn in the essay at the very beginning of class (not even one minute late!), which means no being late to class and no cutting out early! With each essay being worth 5-10% of the final grade, you better not be late for class and you better plan on staying all 3 hours of it to find out what the questions for next week's essays will be (So this is why attendance doesn't count)

For next Thursday's essay, we have to read 1/2 of an entire textbook just to answer the questions! Insane? Very! On top of all this, the teacher has a total power trip saying things like, "It shouldn't be hard to add a class. The class should be so hard that you don't want to add it" and "For what it's worth, I have power over you in the form of a letter grade, and I'm going to use every last bit of it to make you do whatever I want." Uh, scary? Why, oh why am I taking all of my upper division classes in one semester?

I am sooooo not looking forward to this...

1 Comments:

  • At 11:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I said, 'Don't take a class about the third world, who cares about the third world! Take chicano studies. Chicano studies rule!!!' Of course, was I listened to? Hell NO! Just goes to show you, the world is always better off if they'd just do what I say.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home