www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Yay! School!

I am sooooo excited that the semester is about to begin! I have a lot of work cut out for me (mostly upper division classes), but I'm just excited to be back in the classroom. After a summer of sitting around and healing from surgery, something to occupy my time and brain is a welcome change. I'm excited to complete my preliminary stage of healing and get back to playing viola ASAP.

This semester, I'm taking third world cultures (to broaden my perspective of the world), motivation (to become a better teacher and understand what motivates people to do what they do), biology (blegh... I hate science but must appease the graduation requirement gods), and some other courses in music.

This will be a nice time to just relax again and enjoy learning about different subjects across the board. Since I asked to be seated last chair in the orchestra, I'll have less pressure and responsibility. Also, since orchestra is the only group I'll be performing with, I'll have more time to practice and work up my chops to a higher level. I've never just done the bare bones for music (usually I have chamber music and other ensembles to worry about). This will give me lots of time to pursue other things. Hmnn... maybe I'll join the viola da gamba ensemble for fun ;)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home