www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Quyen's 1/2 of Quyen's Bday (condensed version)

Picking up where Chris left off, we arrived at the Holiday Inn and went up to room 407 (I don't know why I remember that, but I figured it might be important later to know if I wanted to "relive" that day) Anyway, we get to the hotel room where Chelle and Jenni berate my hair and proceed to do something about it to make it look "presentable". I was already uptight about not being pretty enough for the family and my suspicions were confirmed :( Mom and Lew get to the room and we all go down to the Elephant & Castle restaurant where we all opt for the breakfast buffet, complete with custom omelettes and Belgian waffles ;)

After we were finished eating, it was present time! From Newton: a bottle of Grey Goose and some Red Bull; from Jenni and Chelle: a whole bunch of drinking paraphenelia; from Lew and Mom: $100 and Premium seating @ a Padre game (also breakfast and dinner); from Chris: TBA ;)

So, Chris, Mom, Lew and I all take a cab to Petco Park to catch a Padres game. #1) I've never been to a baseball game in my life and #2) Petco Park is the brand new stadium in SD. I was so excited to see what our "premier club" tickets were for! It was this cute little bar-type restaurant setting that came complete with A/C and a bouncer outside to bounce those not fortunate enough to spend $55 a ticket to go! There was free food and a shaded deck to watch the game from with HDTVs showing the game while waiters and waitresses took your order and stood in line to get food from the vendors where the "regular" sports fans go to get their food. It was like going to a ritzy club! It was so amazing! The first thing I did when I got inside was eat cheesecake, chocolate dipped strawberries and fresh-baked cookies! After that, I got a Mimosa from the bar (seeing as I was 21 y/o now) and then went to get our seats. It was sooooooo fun! Chris taught me about the ball game and what the various #s meant and he even bought me garlic fries and cheese nachos all for myself! I was so bloated that I had to go to the bathroom! Anyway, I got back to the private club and cuddled with Chris the rest of the time on the leather couches. The game ended - Padres won and we took a PennyCab (or as Chelle calls them, PaddyWagons) back to the Holiday Inn.

When we got there, Mom bought all of us a round of drinks at the bar. We then got the idea that we should play team billiards. Losers had to buy everyone a round of drinks. Thanks to my pool shark skills, my team never lost - even in the one on one death match between my mother and I. We got soooo drunk!

I don't remember much what happens after this, being intoxicated and all. But Chris says we went up to the hotel room and each couple took a bed and crashed. Chris claims I was lusty and wanted to fuck him with my mom in the next bed and that I admitted to him that I loved him and that things would be okay between us despite our recent fights. I fell asleep and the next thing you know, I wake up and Jenni and Newton are showing us what they bought together at the mall.

Eventually, we get ourselves out of bed to go eat dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House. Now, for those of you who don't know, Ruth's Chris is one of the elite dining spots in San Diego, second only to Mr. A's. It was amazing how good it tasted, especially considering I had bloated myself @ the Padres game. It was the BEST filet mignon I've ever had in my life (and I've been to lots of fancy restaurants) We ended up spending a total of $400 on the meal (not including tip) for only 6 people! It was decadent. Definitely worthy of celebrating my Bday with.

After dinner, we went back to the hotel room and all 3 couples stood holding each other and watches the fireworks which were just magical. They were being sent off at 3 different locations along the SD bay. Afterwards, we watched the ending of Independence Day on TV and just layed on the bed cuddling. It was beautiful... a beautiful end to a wonderful and unforgettable 21st Birthday. I'll never forget that day... never :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home