www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Funnel Cake

One of my presents for my Bday was a pair of tickets to the Del Mar Fair in San Diego. Here, you can eat all sorts of fair food and go on fair rides. The thing with fairs is that the food they make there is like the best food of its kind that you can buy and it's also the worst food for you... all at the same time! :P The last time I went to the Fair was with my friend, Jean. That was two years ago when we got on the water log ride and got soaking wet! I remember I was wearing overalls, and because they were completely soaked, I stripped down to my bra and thong and sat in the car as I let her drive my car back to the house :P

This year, I decided to give my extra ticket to Chris and we went together the night before my Bday. The first thing I had to have was a funnel cake topped with strawberries and whipped cream! It's my favorite fair food and I hadn't had it in years! I ate it all by myself (and no, it's not cause I wasn't sharing - Chris didn't want any :P) Then, we got Chris a Charburger (not to be confused with Charmander) and after that, we hit the rides!

We got $21.50 in ride tickets and wanted to ride the best rides. It ended up being 3 rides... Whoa! That's like $3.50 per person per ride! Anyway, we found this crazy one that made us sick... so, we had to just stay on the ground for awhile. I was so disoriented. After a small break, we went on a 2nd ride that wasn't so bad... but the 3rd ride... OMG... I've never been more scared... and I've been bungee jumping! I thought that ride was gonna break away and we were going to die. I can still feel how I thought my head was going to explode from all the screaming... and I'm not talking screaming cuz ur supposed to scream on a ride... but like real screaming in terror screaming! I could feel the funnel cake at the top of my chest after I got off. Chris agrees that was one scary ride. So, I will now make it known that fair rides are way scarier than anything you can get on at Magic Mountain.

After that, Chris got me cheese fries (another of my faves - but only the melted cheese... not the American cheese slice or nacho cheese) After that, we went to look at jewelry and gemstones and some art. The evening ended with a long conversation in the back of the Volvo.

That nite is special to me because it's the first time I felt completely taken care of - from funnel cake to cheese fries to letting me pick the rides to looking at art and jewelry. I'm not saying it's how I want things to be all the time, but it was a welcome change and I welcomed Chris' efforts to provide for me help make me feel secure and important :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home