www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Work

I started work this week and it's been a great assist to helping me not go crazy. Yesterday was the most exhausting day I've had in a long time: I woke up @ 8:30am, went to class from 9:30-10:45, went to work from 11-12:30, got home at 12:40 to scarf down lunch only to leave for class at 12:45, orchestra from 1-3, practiced from 3-5, viola lesson from 5:15-6:15, home by 6:30, ate a quick dinner and printed out my paper in 15 minutes, just enough time to get to my psych class from 7-10, got home, got in a fight, took a shower, resolved a conflict and watched a couple episodes of Ranma, sleep...

Anyway, back to my point... helping kids go through the thinking process and come up with better strategies to write and brainstorm their ideas on paper is very rewarding. I like being able to be a part of the epiphany that takes place. The way they are learning is a hands-on representation of all the crap I put myself through in order to succeed in my classes. Everyday, I challenge myself by learning, step-by-step, and coming to an epiphany about any number of subjects. It's like I see a little bit of myself in these kids. It's a really nice feeling that I'm making myself available to them, and as an added bonus, I get to see them progress throughout the year, like a classroom teacher. I feel that I'm more than a tutor; I'm a mentor :)

1 Comments:

  • At 9:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What no mention of the sushi bar we went to? Geez, printed paper gets more post time than me. ::throws up hands and just walks away::

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home