www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Super Mommy to the Rescue!

So, after not talking to my mother for over 2 months, I called her and apologized (but only because Mother's Day was coming up, and I didn't want to just not show up). In case you don't know, we stopped talking because she promised to take care of Toasty and then, behind my back, she tried to give her away on Craigslist! Oh, I was so pissed that I nabbed her up from San Diego the very day I heard about it. Then, I left a nasty message about how I felt so betrayed by her, and that I couldn't believe she broke her promise to me.

Anyway, we're talking again just like nothing ever happened. I'm sure when she sees me that she'll throw up after seeing all my split ends (she cuts my hair and does it better than 98% of all hairstylists can - another reason why I wanted to makeup with her). I told her about my financial troubles and how finals week is in just 3 weeks and how I've been stressing out. She offered to pay me back the $3K I lent her and also give me my cashed in life insurance policy. So, I'm so happy because I can continue to keep living the lifestyle I am living and not worry too much about money. For awhile there, I thought she spent my money to get back at me for being mean to her. Yay! No more financial stress! And no more weird roomie coming to live with me ;)

5 Comments:

  • At 10:41 PM , Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

    Good job, Q. No weird roomie AND you made up with your mom.

     
  • At 7:26 AM , Blogger peachy said...

    That's great that your mom hooked you up with money she owed you.
    Where is Toasty now?

     
  • At 8:21 AM , Blogger Chris said...

    Your mommy's "super" because she didn't spend your money? Wow; that's one of those things I'd expect my father not to do. I wonder what you'd call someone that offers to help you out with their own money. Saint? lol, I know I'm being a smart-ass Quyen. :P

     
  • At 6:08 PM , Blogger Kis Lee said...

    glad that things are better with you and your mom.

    yeah, so where is toasty now?

     
  • At 3:12 PM , Blogger Jenn & John said...

    Moms can be trouble sometimes....ok, most of the time! But it is our duty as family and daughters to stick by them. Even if they are bitches sometimes....oh do I know!! Hopefully you can continue to rebuild your relationship!

    btw, you cat is the only cat that hates me! I'm gonna cry. :(

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home