www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Monday, April 18, 2005

Chris' Accident and my Retarded Weekend

Last week (I think it was Wednesday), Chris got into a really bad car accident. When he called me, he sounded more angry than he sounded injured. Apparently, this 80 y/o woman ran a red light while he was making a protected left turn (green arrow) and totally smashed his brand new, red, '05 Mustang. When I first heard about it, I thought it was a minor accident. Then, On Friday nite, he sent me these multimedia text messages of pics he took with his phone of his car at the shop. I was like WTF? If you want to see what happened, go to www.viewmymessage.com and enter in Message ID: F1QH4Z1WD and password: Peat4Clap

Apparently, she hit his car, and then his car did a 180 from the impact to the passenger side of his car and spun around only to get hit AGAIN on the driver's side of his car! He was actually bleeding from the accident :( He couldn't get out of his car either. Firefighters had to come to the scene to cut him out of his car. Poor baby :( Now he's feeling the pain of whiplash and his back is out of whack because the adrenaline and state of shock have worn off.

On a different note, I attended 6 concerts this weekend. It's maddening trying to sit there for 2 hours straight, several times a day while having no one there to talk to! Thank god they had receptions afterwards. Otherwise, I would have not only starved, but also I would have screamed from the insanity that not socializing with other people for an entire day can bring. I love reception food! I had shrimp cocktail, spring rolls, baklava, some really good cheeses, and awesome chocolate covered strawberries! One interesting fact: The musical, Carousel, is an interesting social commentary on domestic violence. I hope everyone else had better weekends than Chris and I had. :P

9 Comments:

  • At 9:39 AM , Blogger David said...

    Ouch! It hurt me to see that poor mustang... when will he get the new one?

    And cool, now I have your phone number! :D LOL

     
  • At 3:12 PM , Blogger Chris said...

    For anyone trying to see the pictures, make sure not to capitalize any of the letters in peat4clap - the password Cingular asks for.

    As for getting a new mustang; I'm not sure when or even if that will happen. The insurance might just try to order new parts for a whole new front. Luckily, it's at Ford's collision shop so all the parts would be new and originals.

    On the bad side of things - as if having your car crushed wasn't bad enough - I'm not sure whether the police report is against me. However, I suspect that it is seeing as how the cop took me for some reckless teenager menacing docile, god-fearing women. Some of his first questions involved drugs and alcohol. As if some alcoholic had the wherewithal to jump out of his car and quickly recite all his personal information.

     
  • At 3:43 PM , Blogger Barbara aka Yooni said...

    OMG..I would literally cry!
    I'm sorry you're weekend wasn't all that...but hey free food...and nothing beats chocolate covered strawberries....mmm
    I hope the rest of the week will be better!

     
  • At 10:56 PM , Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

    That totally sucks. I'm glad Chris wasn't hurt too bad, that could have been bad. The car, however, is in a lot of pain. Hope your back and neck feel better soon, Chris!

     
  • At 7:51 AM , Blogger peachy said...

    Scary, Chris.
    I hope the report doesn't have you at fault either.

    What kind of concerts, Quyen? Your students?

     
  • At 5:50 PM , Blogger Yankeebob said...

    Damn, that sucks! How could they blame it on Chris? That doesn't sound right.

    I had whiplash from an accident once. It sucks and it lasted over a week. I hope you don't have that to worry about Chris.

    Quyen, you lead an interesting life. Were the concerts your students? (I wrote that before I saw Peachy's question. I'm leaving it anyway. :))

     
  • At 7:22 PM , Blogger Chris said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:25 PM , Blogger Chris said...

    It's okay, no whiplash, broken bones, punctured organs, or otherwise horrible stuff. Just the nagging weakness of muscles, and, of course, an incredibly torn up, bloodied mouth. However, like geist said, I'm pretty traumatized. I rented a car today, and it was terrifying, especially since it performs like a Flinstone's car.

    More than anything though, what I'd like is for people to grow a heart. Days after almost dying, according to Ford, I've got classmates making me lead debator, or spokeman in others. And outside of college classes it's even worse, with everyone complaining they're not getting enough emotional comfort from me. You start to thinking, "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't notice you need loads of academic, or emotional support. I was busy trying to get my own life back in order. Next time, I'll be strong enough to take care of both our problems at once." I didn't even get an "I'm so glad you got out of alive," just an "I need you to support me immediately."

     
  • At 11:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Okay, well, just remember that the reports for econ are due monday and you still have to do your fair share...

    ...and I need a hug.

    :P

    TMAnon

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home