www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Monday, October 04, 2004

X-men Legends Weekend

Because I'm still recovering, I decided to stay in this weekend and just take it easy. Well, what better way to take it easy than to play video games all day? And that's exactly what Chris and I did - starting at 9am and going into the wee hours of the night :P The only breaks we took were for food, the bathroom, and sleep.

If any of you were interested in X-men Legends, it's a freaking hard game! Buy it for your kid or husband if you want to keep them busy for a good couple weeks ;) Seriously, I'm a veteran game player, and it took us a nonstop weekend to finish it. Definitely a good buy for the amount of playing time you'll get out of it, and it has a kewl versus feature that features all the X-men available ;)

Here's a funny thing... boys are so serious about their video games! Chris snapped at me a few times for letting Iceman fall to his death or some other Iceman related catastrophe. He really loves that Iceman :P Of course when Storm died, I pouted until we reloaded from the last save point :P We came to the concensus that whenever one of our fave characters would die, we would just reload... simple as that ;)

You really get a sense of how your relationship works when you're playing a 2-player game. One person wants to go this way... the other person wants to go that way... and you have to compromise or you won't get anywhere... You also really get a sense of your own personality and what you really think of the other person. The one thing I said a lot this weekend was "God, you're so slow! Just let me pick you up and fly you around! I'm faster" hehe

5 Comments:

  • At 10:08 AM , Blogger grace said...

    i wish i had time to play games! ARGH! i haven't played pikmin2 in a while. i'm going through withdrawls!

     
  • At 10:54 AM , Blogger Mike said...

    We don't play video games together for more than a couple minutes. She'll try the versus mode on one of my shooters and quit after about ten badass headshots. I'll play her at her beloved Dr. Mario and get so schooled I end up fuming. We both get angry as hell at Mario Cart.

    Mostly she just watches me play.

     
  • At 3:37 PM , Blogger Oddgirl said...

    Sounds like a fun weekend. What game console is this game available on?

    Michael and I don't play much because someone kills the other one for fun, but I'mm not going to name any names...

     
  • At 9:23 PM , Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

    I am such a geek! The only video games I play are Trivial Pursuit and Jeopardy on Play Station...not so good with the whole hand/eye coordination thing...

     
  • At 5:14 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    Grace: make more time for games... they feed your soul :P

    Mike: I remember the first time I got shot in the head in a first person shooter... I hated how you could be running around and then you'd stop, thinking it was a good place to scout for the other player, and then get the "Player 2 got shot between the eyes" message :P

    Nina: I think this game is available on every system... So, if you like the X-men... go and buy it today... it's an action RPG... so you get to level up your character and fight in real-time too!

    Mel: I never knew there was a Jeopardy video game?!?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home