www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

The weather

Yesterday morning, I woke up to a thunderstorm! When I actually decided to get out of bed, there was only sun to be seen. The weather has been weird lately. Last night, it was so windy that you couldn't go outside without getting hit by soda cans in the street. It's all kinda trippy... especially since you rarely see weather like this in So Cal. What worries me more is the fact that the weather changes sharply and suddenly.

I'm doing really well in my classes this semester. I picked up my bio test today and I got a 90% which is surprising since I totally suck at science. I have an 86.5% in my Anthro class and I'll pick up my Psych test next week :) Not bad for an all upper division load ;)

I took up Mike K's suggestion of composing and have been composing string quartets in my spare time. It's really fun and I get a chance to use some of the knowledge I've gained in college :) I still want to pick up Tessenjutsu again (iron fan martial arts - think Kitana from Mortal Kombat). And Adam, let's see who's gonna ass-whoop who? ;)

Chris and his family are going through a tough time right now and I'm really worrited about them. I couldn't sleep last night. I wish there was something I could do, but it doesn't seem plausible with my school and work schedule. I hope everything will be ok with them. I don't know what I'd do without them...

6 Comments:

  • At 3:58 PM , Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

    Yeah, I was weirded out by the weather, too...strange things are afoot in LA...

    Those fans sound cool! I loved being Kitana on MK! Bad ass!

    Hope you get some sleep tonight!

     
  • At 4:59 PM , Blogger Oddgirl said...

    What kind of music are you composing? Traditional classical? Just curious.

     
  • At 6:51 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    Nina, I guess it's more classical than not. I like to think of my compositional style as Baroque-Minimalist Fusion... Baroque with a modern twist ;) Although, I'm starting to fill out my chords a lot more these days and I am inspired by Latin rhythms ;)

     
  • At 9:26 AM , Blogger grace said...

    very nice, Q :) someday when you are a famous musician, we can all say, "oh, we knew her when she was just blogging."

    i likee the latin rhythms. you'll have to have people perform it and post it so we can hear it. :D

     
  • At 10:43 AM , Blogger Mike said...

    I'm so glad you took up composition! Wow, Baroque Minimalism? That's an interesting pairing. I can't wait to hear some.

    Keep at it. Remember, no matter how good or bad you think it is, this is your art at it's very worst. Plus, being a composer gives you the right to criticize the shit out of everything you hear. One of the perks.

     
  • At 4:00 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    haha so true, Mike... and yes, Grace, I will get some of my friends to play it and I'll figure out a way to post it online hehe... I may need help with that later ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home