www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

I... am... so... slow...

I feel so brain-dead! It's my first day back at work tutoring kids, and I just didn't know what to say to my first client! I feel like I lost brain cells at the hospital... The same thing happened my first day back to class since the hospital... I was sitting in bio and the prof was just going so fast! Usually, I can totally keep up with the fast pace of any class you throw at me... but this seemed like forever! It was like he was cruising at lightspeed and I was moseying up a hilly plateau! I just feel so dumb and out of it... it's depressing... Anyway, I thought I'd just complain for a little bit...

I was reading Nina's post about the Boys of Summer and I got to thinking about the words "boy" and "man"... The word "boy" denotes frisky, playful, sensual romps in discovering bodies and sex. The word "man" denotes seriousness and an austere nature. For instance, "bad boy" sounds kinda naughty and playfully teasing... "bad man" sounds like a rapist or misfit of society... sexual vs scary...

I personally like the word "boy"... I think it's cute and sexy... Kinda like "boyfriend" versus "manfriend" haha... I'd rather have Boys of Summer than Men of Summer and Naughty Boys than Naughty Men... am I alone in this?

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home