www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Night Terrors

How often do people wake up from their sleep because of a bad dream? 4... maybe 5 times a year? Well, I haven't had a bad dream like this in a long time. And I was seriously so scared that I thought it was real for like an hour, even though I knew it couldn't be real... I could not get myself back to sleep and I kept looking around my room all paranoid... Geez... you'd think I'd be able to just shrug it off, but nightmares really bring out the little girl in me.

This one involved a group of friends and some family breaking into an old witch's house and stealing something (or maybe we were just touching the magical artifacts). Anyway, this witch knew we were messing around with her stuff so she starts screaming from the second floor of her house. So, we all run out and across the street to the garage of one of her neighbors and pretended like nothing happened. Well, I'm standing around with some friends and we're talking when I see the witch approach us with a giant machete/sword. I'm so scared that I can't talk, move, or even point. My friends are all asking me what's wrong and by the time they realize the witch is behind them, there are 4 heads rolling around on the floor with 4 decapitated bodies.

OK, keep in mind there are like 20 people who broke into her house... so, at this point, everyone is running around and screaming. Now, here's the scary part... she doesn't even have to swing the blade... all she has to do to kill you and make you bleed everywhere is reflect some light off her blade and shine it on you! So, people are getting slaughtered... my family, my b/f... everyone... and I'm hiding under the car in the neighbor's garage and I can see her feet from under the car walking around it like she knows I'm there... like she can smell me... and I can see her blade too... and I'm just praying that it doesn't catch some light and slaughter me underneath the car.

There is one other person hiding with me under the car... and after awhile, we think she's left and gone back home... so this guy slips out from under the car only to discover that she's been waiting there to kill him... and I just see his body fall to the floor... blood spraying everywhere... and his decapitated head rolls under the car and hits me in the face... and I wanna scream... but I can't because the witch is out there... and then I woke up so scared...

I believe dreams do mean something... but I'm not sure I want to know what this one means... Seriously, what could be the deeper meaning behind my loved ones all getting decapitated and me just waiting to die?

6 Comments:

  • At 2:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Quyen, it's Mike, I'm too lazy to sign up to get a real user name on here :P

    Anyway pertaining to your dream, here's how I see it...
    It appears that you may have a choice or decision that you will have to make that will affect those around you, ie. friends and family. Now don't look at it the wrong way, the dream doesn't mean you will make the wrong choice, of course there is no way to know that. However, the "witch" seems to represent the choice or decision. The fact that it is a "witch"(implying something scary or bad) is one thing and the fact that it is "killing people" makes me believe that the choice/decision will be something where you will either have to face some kind of inner demon/something you are not proud of or ashamed of, or something that you believe that if you make the wrong choice it'll negatively effect your friends/family. Now I'm sure by this point you're asking yourself, "what's the right choice then when you come to that road?".....that is why we are unique individuals my dear, it is your choice alone to make....may the Force be with you ;)

     
  • At 2:46 PM , Blogger grace said...

    i think it means that you may want to lay off the video games this weekend :P

     
  • At 2:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Quyen, wow, that's a fascinating dream, but awful! I don't think it's too surprising that you'd have such a terrifying dream after your recent ordeal - you've kind of had mortality rubbed in your face recently, and you've had to deal first hand with the fact that there are people able and willing to hurt you without having to even be near you (eg drugging your drink). As well as physiological issues (that is, people do tend to have awful nightmares while or just after they've been very ill) the dream is most likely your way of dealing with the situation and getting the remnants of that time of illness out of your system.

    The most obvious reading is that it conveys new fears you have about losing your loved ones or your own life; but in another sense you're dealing with lost innocence - you have discovered that your family and friends won't always be able to keep you safe, and you in turn can't guarantee you'll be able to protect them. In this sense the dream is a catharsis - burning away (with light) the comforting but ultimately tenuous safety net that your loved ones offer. Of course this leaves you feeling scared and vulnerable in a world that's less than savoury. However, provided you don't harbour any resentment toward your loved ones for "letting you down" or leading you into danger, or keep feeding any fear you might have of the rest of the world, then eventually the nightmare will resolve into a more realistic (and much more benign) protrayal of your greater environment, and you'll be a much stronger person for it.

    Of course, this is just the half-cocked view of a random who knows nothing about you outside your journal, so take it all with a grain of salt!

    Cheers,
    Fran

     
  • At 5:17 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    Wow! I really like the interpretations I got... I think it's kewl to analyze your dreams... and for the record, I didn't come up with this dream-blog thing by myself... check out Adam's blog in my list of links...

     
  • At 5:19 PM , Blogger Oddgirl said...

    Sometimes dreams are collective images or thoughts we have had through out the day. Maybe you saw some Halloween witch costume, an episode of forensic files, and then your mom really ticked you off. I hate when that happens though. Here's to better dreams tonight.

     
  • At 6:14 AM , Blogger ielle said...

    You should be happy it's only a night terror. I suffer from what they call sleep paralysis. YIKES! Actually it's not as bad as it sounds. Basically we all have some sort of gland or something that makes us stiff(ish) when sleeping. Somepeople upon waking have yet to have it wear off. I am one of those people, and it's awlful. It latest maybe 60 second, but during that time you can not move and in my case (which isn't true of ALL cases but indeed many) i can not speak. So you're laying there, your eyes half open (yeah they dont really budge much either) completely awake mind-wise but body wise you're trapped. Talk about terrifying. You have to calmly WILL yourself awake. It's horrifying! Luckily it doesn't happen often. This year i've had it happen five seperate times. The last time i had it was in 11th grade (that was '94) and that was about four or five times too. It usually occurs during times of high stress. lol. I think i'm ready for school to be out, if this is what happens to me LOL.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home