www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

People are so interesting

I am always amazed at how interesting other people really are... I was looking at Adam's blog today, and I was thinking, "How kewl is that to have such a unique hobby!" I want a hobby... and even though I'm a musician, no, it's not music... Music is simply a way for me to make money... not any kind of great passion, to be honest.

Sad, though... I'm a music major in college even though I should really be an english major or psych major... but by the time I decided I should be an english or psych major, I'd completed so many units towars the music major degree that I was like, "Eh, what the hell? I'll just finish it." Maybe I can get my masters degree in english or psych... how kewl would that be?

But I still need a hobby... I've always wanted to learn to sew and make stuff like arts and crafts... but I can't imagine being any good at that... and I can't imagine sucking at my hobby and still liking it. I've always told Chris that when I retire, I just want to play viola da gamba on my porch all day long. Until then, I guess I'll just be bored...

6 Comments:

  • At 11:39 AM , Blogger grace said...

    i want a talent to turn into a hobby. i got nothing. :(

     
  • At 12:06 PM , Blogger Mike said...

    You don't have to be great to enjoy the hobby. Look at me. I love to draw, but I suck at it. I still do it because it's just fun. And with each day of practice I get better.

    Draw, paint, write, sew, collect, compose. Just think of what kind of art you'd be really proud of producing from scratch and just get started.

     
  • At 1:29 PM , Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

    You have a hobby, Silly Goose! Blogging! And you are good at it!

     
  • At 1:45 PM , Blogger Oddgirl said...

    I hope you don't mind me giving you a warning about the dangers of attempting to make a quilt. I would highly recommend against that. I had a fiasco.

    What things interest you?

     
  • At 10:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Q, if you ever take up tessenjutsu (the fans) im so going to give you a shitkicking. I mean honestly, your fans against my swords? Silly, silly rabbit. *performs the evil laugh*

     
  • At 2:58 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    Thanks for all the ideas and inspiration you guys! Incidentally, I'm no longer bored :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home