www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

In Los Angeles, there were flood warnings by the National weather advisory all over the city. In fact, I woke up to rain splattering on my face from the wind being so strong that it blew it past the awning, through the screen of my bedroom window and onto my face, waking me up. WTF is that? I had class and I really didn't want to go, considering the weather. But I decided to go anyway. I did not expect what I saw when I got to ground level.

The streets were fully submerged in water! How the hell did the streets get flooded during my one hour nap?!? It was so flooded that the sidewalks were starting to flood too! So, I'm outside with my umbrella and I need to cross a 4-way stop to get to school... the streets are flooded... but the side I'm on doesn't look that bad... I can see places to where I can jump to keep my feet dry... So, I hop, jump, and skip my way to the middle of the street which is raised above the water. When I got into the middle of the street, there was a river between me and the other sidewalk. There were cars honking at me to "move it, or lose it". I looked up the street, then down... there was no way to get across... it was a moat... So, I couldn't really see how deep it was... It didn't look too bad, although the water was literally churning in and of itself. I swear there were eddies in there...

I jumped from my little dry spot into this fucking river and my feet and legs were soaked up to the knee... then... and get this... the water starts rushing past my legs so fast that I couldn't stabilize. It was like swimming and trying to stand at the same time... the water took me up and over and then SPLASH! My ass was in the water... fully soaked, hair, wool clothing and all! People on the other side of the street were like "Holy shit!" The current was so strong that I got pulled "downstream" a little before I got back up. I got to the other side and people were like, "OMG! Are you okay?" This was by no means a small fall. At that point, all the people who were thinking of maybe attempting the river, turned around and went back to where they came from.

I went home, totally soaked and freezing. I took a hot shower because I couldn't feel my fingers or toes anymore and just stayed home. I fucking hate the rain! And WTF is the deal with floods in So Cal? Ugh.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:19 PM , Blogger grace said...

    holy shit. hope you're okay... :(

    it's all the housing development. everything floods. it's a mess. stupid socal. :P

     
  • At 2:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Look at it this way, at least you didnt have a dream someone was peeing on your face just to later wake up freaking out from the rain. Stranger things have happened.

     
  • At 2:47 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    What?!? Mmmmmm... Water Sports... *gags* :P

     
  • At 11:09 PM , Blogger Kis Lee said...

    geez! damn floods! hope you weren't hurt.

     
  • At 1:29 PM , Blogger Oddgirl said...

    Wow. I am glad you're all right. Here in AZ instead of people looking at you like move it or lose it, they swerve over close to you to get you soaked on purpose. Damn Assholes. Anyway, I hope you didn't miss much in class.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home