www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Holy Shit...

My body is so fucking sore! I went to Kung Fu class last night. It was in West Hollywood at Plummer Park, and I'm not very familiar with that area. So, I got lost and I was almost late to class. To my surprise, there were a lot of activities being held there, like wrestling class, old people chess club, tennis league, and of course, the Northern Shaolim Kung Fu class. Anyway, I eventually found the location of the class after being an ass and asking people dressed in all black if they were part of the Kung Fu class... Then, I went into the wrestling club and they tried to recruit me for a 10-minute jog around the mats - no thank you. So, eventually, I found my way to this outdoor asphalt "arena" where a bunch of people were dressed in all black doing stretches.

I joined in on the warm-up, and as soon as I walked in, everyone stopped what they were doing and greeted me by introducing themselves and shaking hands :) So, we went through the different positions like Crane, Horse, and Cat stances (which all take incredible leg strength) and practiced Shooting Star kick, Twists (really fucking hard and confusing), and then tried to do the splits and torturous ab exercises! (One of the ab exercises consisted of laying on your back, arms outstretched to each side, and then picking up both legs, and while keeping them perfectly straight, toes pointed up, rotate your legs all the way around your body without arching or bending your back. It's called Full Moon. Holy Fuck...)

The class was really fun! I haven't sweat that much in a long time. I sweat so much that sweat was literally dripping off my hair! Gross, huh? I was so happy that another guy gave me his extra water bottle. Otherwise, I would have just died. It was hard! I learned how to block effectively, punch without hurting myself, and the opening moves of Lim Po and Iron Cage blocking. Unlike what I had previously thought, the class was not one hour: from 8-9pm... The class went from 8-10:15pm and I hear some of the advanced students stay until 11! So, it is a really great value for my money! :)

I thought it was so fun and exhilirating that I've decided to buy the full year in advance :) And even though I thought I could learn the fan all quick, I've been SO humbled... I can't do shit :P I'm so excited to go next Monday :) I slept like a baby last nite... but then woke up like a ho, sore from the previous nite... how does that work? :P hehehe

6 Comments:

  • At 11:33 AM , Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

    Funny that I could hardly concentrate on the rest of your post, because the first line had me singing "Everybody was Kung Foo Fighting!"

     
  • At 11:36 AM , Blogger grace said...

    dude! CL, i had that same song... and i was giggling.

    that class sounds like it rocks.... and it sounds like it was a good value for your money :P hehehehe...

    i wanna take it, too! :( i doubt i would have the will power to stay in it, though. heh.

     
  • At 2:30 PM , Blogger Kis Lee said...

    oh man, now i'll have that kung fu fighthing song in my head.

    sounds like an interesting class. i should take something like that, too. for kicking ass purposes only.

     
  • At 2:31 PM , Blogger Mike said...

    See? Isn't this better than South Park and The Real World / Road Rules Challenge? I'd love to take me some Kung Fu.

    How's the composition coming along?

     
  • At 5:38 PM , Blogger Oddgirl said...

    That does sound like fun. If you can make it past the first three days of being sore, you'll be good to go.:)

     
  • At 2:07 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    Thanks to all of you who told me to take Kung Fu versus buying cable! :) If anyone wants to come take a class, the first one is complimentary :) Let me know ;) And Mike, the composition is at a standstill. I'm currently studying other composers to see how they wrote :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home