www.areyoukiddingme.com

Sometimes, life is sweet. Sometimes, life is fun. Sometimes, you're just like WTF?

Monday, October 25, 2004

Budgeting...

So, after my little saving money rant, I decided to put my own ass on a budget. Over the weekend, I reduced my landline, internet, cell phone, and electricity bills by $40 a month overall. All I had to do was make a few phone calls and inquire about their plans. Then, I budgeted my $400 a month in food and fun to $210 a month in food and entertainment - $160 a month for groceries, household purchases, and other stuff a month and $50 a month for fun and going out to eat (guess I'll just have to go out with more people who will pay for me hehe j/k)

So, I got my absolute living necessities down to $1,150 a month ($775 of that being rent... geez, I should move into another place or get a roomie :P) Now, I think I can go get that martial arts subscription :) I'll be going to my first class today @ 8pm to see if I like it :) If I pay for the whole year, I'll get 2 months free and 4 free private lessons (all valued at $440). Is it a good decision to just buy the year in advance?

I was thinking of wearing my little steel fan hanging off the side of my hip as a cute fashion accessory. And then pop it open at clubs and shit and be like, "Look, I'm asian. Tee hee." :P Then, if someone tries anything, I can be like "Waaaaaaaaa!" - the sound of an asian girl preparing to attack with her kung fu fan :P

6 Comments:

  • At 12:00 PM , Blogger grace said...

    wow. you're good. i don't know if i could just spend $160 on groceries. it sounds good in theory, but when it comes to actually doing it, i don't think i could. i eat a lot, i guess. heh.

     
  • At 6:59 PM , Blogger Kis Lee said...

    I eat out during the day and on weekends. Groceries are getting more expensive these days, so I don't know if I could spend $210/month.

    If you're sure you're going to take the classes, buy the year in advance. Otherwise stick to paying when you take the lessons. My friend bought a year membership at her gym, and she's gone there about twice in total.

     
  • At 9:12 PM , Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

    Good god, please wear the fan out and make sound effects! That is awesome!

    Very impressed on your budgeting! Can I hire you to make me a budget!?!?

     
  • At 8:32 AM , Blogger Oddgirl said...

    I think the classes sound like fun. We caucasians don't have such interesting classes. Maybe I could take a class on how to embezzle from a large corporation.

     
  • At 10:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    was that you that modeled for mortal combat? i think having two steel fans as accessories would say "don't fuck with me."

    good for you, Q.. i need to get on a budget too.. i think my down fall is all the packs of smokes i buy.. uuff..

     
  • At 11:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The trick to buying cigarrettes is to buy them a carton at a time. I buy expensive cancer sticks (Amer. Spirits) and I end up paying less than $80 a month. Compare that with the $100+ amount I would spend buying them from the store near my work.

    C

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home